Latest post Mon, Apr 11 2016 7:05 PM by Kevin Klimek. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 9 2016 8:11 PM

Media Composer 8.5 without waveform analysis

Hey you,

I've tried out everything until now, but it won't work. For a Filmuniversity project I have to sync my ProRes and WAV Files, but people on set did not do any claps or have clockits. I don't use Plural Eyes, so I don't have the chance to sync it there either.

So I thought it was a good way to try out the 'Waveform analysis' from 8.5, but it appears, that our university computer has it on 8.5, but I downloaded AMC 8.5 today for me at home and it doesn't have this funktion. It looks like before, but it is the updated Version.

Would someone please help me?

Thank you very much!

• Wed, Mar 9 2016 8:32 PM In reply to

Re: Media Composer 8.5 without waveform analysis

A bit confused here...

You're sure you're running 8.5? When you highlight a couple of clips, then select Clip > Group Clips, you don't see this:

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Thu, Mar 10 2016 9:49 AM In reply to

• WYTCAT
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 7 2009
    • Germany
    • Posts 16
    • Points 230

Hi Tapferes.Schneiderlein (schöner Name!). I think you just need to activate the waveform view in the timeline by expanding the Track Control Panel (click on the little triangle next to the timecode in composer/timeline window. Then you can per track activate the waveforms (little waveform buttons). You can also activate it globally via the hamburger menu in the lower left corner of the composer window: Audio Data -> waveform. Good luck syncing - i feel with you, might be some work to doo...

ISIS 5000 • 2x MC 8.7.0, DNxIO, iMac Retina 5K 27" 4.0 Ghz i7 Quad core Late 2015, 32GB, MX395X, OS X 10.11.6 •MC 8.7.0, NitrisDX, MacPro • MC 8.7... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 10 2016 10:11 AM In reply to

Thank you both very much!

Had to find my way through this, but now that I switched on the waveform analysis and picked the Group Clips Option it works! Thank you very much!

• Mon, Apr 11 2016 6:49 PM In reply to

I am doing a bit of tutorial via Skype with a junior editor.  He has been experiencing the same problem.  We managed to get his timelines to draw waveforms, but the option still does not show up in the Group Clips dialogue box.  Strange.

• Mon, Apr 11 2016 7:05 PM In reply to

And the junior editor is running MC v8.5?

Have they tried a new Avid user?

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller