Latest post Wed, Jun 15 2016 10:35 PM by shcuts. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 3 2016 5:40 AM

• jaygon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 2 2007
    • Posts 35
    • Points 480

Correct method for Duplicating a Sequence

How do I duplicate a sequence?

I thought I'd previously done this by simply right clicking the sequence in the bin and choosing 'duplicate' however this option isn't available (Perhaps I'm getting mixed up with FCP)

• Thu, Mar 3 2016 7:26 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,310
    • Points 96,075

Re: Correct method for Duplicating a Sequence

Not in front of Avid right now, but I believe that you select the sequence you wish to duplicate in the bin and type Ctrl-D.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 3 2016 8:19 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,344
    • Points 159,245

jwrl:

Not in front of Avid right now, but I believe that you select the sequence you wish to duplicate in the bin and type Ctrl-D.

yes , and alt dragging to another bin does the same

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Thu, Mar 3 2016 5:52 PM In reply to

jaygon:
    ight clicking the sequence in the bin and choosing 'duplicate' however this option isn't available
    I think this got lost with the MC 8.5 UI "improvements"  

As jwrl says Ctrl D still works in your bin. This is my preferred way as the duplicates name is selected and I can just type in a new name.
    Tomas's suggestion Alt drag to a different bin works but I probably do not want the duplicate to go to a different bin and I have to select the Duplicates name before renamimg
    Right Click in the Composer Monitor and choose Duplicate works and is great for having the duplicate immediately in the Composer window but then I have to be careful which seqence I carry on working with. Also I have to choose which bin and then the new sequence name before I can rename. 

• Thu, Mar 3 2016 9:43 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,200
    • Points 41,400
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

The command is under Edit->Duplicate.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 16Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC 8.7, MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Fri, Mar 4 2016 1:52 AM In reply to

• jaygon
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 35
    • Points 480

Hi,

Thanks for the reply's.

But cntrl-D is certainly not working for me. The alt drag is a work around but kinda convoluted.

Any suggestions why cntl-D isn't working? Just to clarify, I'm selecting my sequence in the bin, then pressing cntrl-D.

Avid 8.5.0

• Fri, Mar 4 2016 1:55 AM In reply to

• jaygon
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 35
    • Points 480

SOLVED everyone.

Apologies, I should have mentioned I was on a Mac. The shortcut is command-D (not cntrl-D.....I should have known!)

Thanks

• Wed, Jun 15 2016 10:35 PM In reply to

• shcuts
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 12 2012
    • Posts 13
    • Points 105

You're not getting mixed up with FCP. It does seem to have disappeared with the menu "improvements". command+d works fine for me but I did like the contextual menu option and hope it returns. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller