Latest post Tue, Feb 23 2016 9:39 PM by mmullen. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 22 2016 6:28 PM

BUG(?): Can't import or set Media Creation settings when using shared storage

This is occurring on a system at work that's not one of my profile systems.  Mac Pro, OSX 10.9.5, MC 8.5.  Connecting to a Terrablock.  This had worked perfectly for multiple versions before.

When I have shared volumes mounted, all codecs in Media Creation are greyed out.  Trying to import gives the error "There are no media drives available. You will only be able to import shot logs."

When I do not have shared volumes mounted, all works fine.

I use mostly linking anyway, so I can still keep working.  However, I use import for a few things, and it's frustrating to not be able to import, and not be able to select my render/mixdown codec.  That's the bigger annoyance - I'm stuck with DNxHD-145 / 115.

I can consolidate, transcode, mixdown, render, etc. just fine to the read/write volumes - but can't import, and can't change my Media Creation settings.

New user settings do not resolve the issue.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.10 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 22 2016 6:59 PM In reply to

Re: BUG: Can't import or set Media Creation settings when using shared storage

Rolling back to 8.4.5 did not help, nor has wiping MCState, Site Settings, Site Attributes.

Other systems on the same network are doing just fine with this on 8.5.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.10 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 22 2016 9:23 PM In reply to

And... I can still import, by drag-and-drop.  I can select my destination drive in Media Creation.  But I can't choose a resolution anywhere.  Really odd.

• Tue, Feb 23 2016 1:43 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,625
    • Points 18,630

Is AllDrives set correctly in the console?

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Tue, Feb 23 2016 2:39 AM In reply to

Is there a "correct" setting in this case?  This is a Terrablock - drives should be seen exactly as a Unity/ISIS are seen, and AllDrives shouldn't matter, as I understand it.

Additionally, all the drives ARE seen as media drives in the Media Creation settings.  I can choose which drive I want.  I can drag-and-drop import, I can consolidate, I can transcode, set my render/mixdown drives, I can use the Media Tool.  All the local and shared drives are available.

However, I can't change my resolution.  And in the import dialog, I get the error message - though again, I can drag-and-drop import into a bin.

But when I log off of the shared, then I can change resolution and the import dialog works properly.

• Tue, Feb 23 2016 1:42 PM In reply to

This is the weirdest thing.  I have changed nothing at all since yesterday.  It all works now.  I'm dumbfounded.  Never saw anything like that, but today it went away.  Maddening. Will report back if it shows up again.

• Tue, Feb 23 2016 2:05 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,151
    • Points 217,265
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

usatraveler

Please do and if it does happen again, email me directly and include any new scoop and this thread.

Thanks and glad the gremlins went away this time 

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Feb 23 2016 9:39 PM In reply to

• mmullen
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 13 2008
    • Haverhill, MA
    • Posts 568
    • Points 6,500

usatraveler:

This is the weirdest thing.  I have changed nothing at all since yesterday.  It all works now.  I'm dumbfounded.  Never saw anything like that, but today it went away.  Maddening. Will report back if it shows up again.

Could you send me your terrablock serial number to matt@facilis.com we would like to track on our end if you see this again.

-Matt M.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller