Latest post Mon, Feb 22 2016 3:51 AM by Randall L. Rike. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Feb 21 2016 10:59 PM

Older Avid Equipment & Software

A local company that used to create VHS training videos for hotel chains recently gave me a TON of their old A/V equipment.  It had been sitting in their storage room unused for quite some time.  This includes betamax and VHS dubbing equipment, speakers, monitors, old RAID arrays, and a good amount of Avid equipment.  I have very little experience with this sort of equipment outside high school TV production.  I would like some assistance identifying exactly what I have and seeing if it is worth anything.  As far as the Avid equipment goes I have an Avid 0020-00365-01 E breakout box, an Avid PCI Extender 85466205, an Avid 888 Audio Interface, and an old Powermac G4 with an Avid dongle, keyboard and some Avid software on it and a card in it. Any help identifying this equipment would be greatly appreciated.

Here are pictures of everything: http://imgur.com/a/FyqJl

• Mon, Feb 22 2016 3:51 AM In reply to

Re: Older Avid Equipment & Software

What you have is an antique Avid system.  It was named Avid Meridien, and was sold between 1998 and 2003.  At that time, the systems were approx $50k.  Now you can rent Avid software for $50/month.  Many users, who are file-based only, don't even have any hardware other than some fast hard drives.

Sorry to say, but you can hardly give those older systems away.  Those of us that have them in our garages are taking them to the recycling cneters every chance we get.  There is no trade-in/upgrade value for dongle either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Composer

Also, although it doesn't matter for this system, never display the System ID & Dongle Number online.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller