Latest post Thu, Feb 18 2016 1:46 PM by mhamilton. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 17 2016 2:28 PM

• mhamilton
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Ottawa, Canada
    • Posts 1,573
    • Points 19,555

export settings for Squeeze, but can I configure for Telestream Episode?

Not a biggie, but when I need to encode small screening versions, and I'm wondering if I can save a step.  I see that in Export settings Avid makes it easy to export right to Sorenson Squeeze.  I use Telestream Episode though (can't remember why), and I'm wondering if I can configure Avid to include this in my export settings, thereby (perhaps?) saving a step.

Does anyone know?

thanks, Malcolm

Mac Pro 6-Core 3.3GHz • OSX 10.9.1 • Media Composer v7.0.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 18 2016 12:54 AM In reply to

Re: export settings for Squeeze, but can I configure for Telestream Episode?

You can create your own Send to template.  From MC's built in Help (F1 if you had stayed on PC Wink

Creating a Custom Send To Template for Exporting to Third-Party Applications
    1.Select a clip or a sequence in a bin.
    2.Do one of the following: Select File > Output > Send To > Make New.
    Right-click the clip or sequence in the bin, and select Send To > Make New.
    The Send To dialog box opens with a default export template.
    3.(Option) Type a new file name in the Filename text box.
    4.Click Set to browse to the drive and folder that you want to be the default location for storing the exported file. Whenever you return to a Send To dialog box, the destination folder you set last appears in the destination field.
    5.(Option) Do the following if you want the third-party application to automatically launch after you export.
    a.(Option) Click the Auto Launch button, and select Add Item.
    b.(Option) Browse to find the third-party application.
    c.Click Open.
    d.Select Auto Load Exported File(s) if you want the files you export to automatically load in the third-party application.
    e.Select Reveal file if you want the system to search available drives, open Windows Explorer or the folder (Macintosh), and highlight related media files.
    6.Make any changes to the Export settings that you need by clicking the appropriate Options button, making the changes, and then clicking Save.
    7.Click OK.
    8.Name the new Send To (.stt) template.
    9.Click Save.
    Your Avid editing application creates the new template.
    It is now available as a Send To menu command for use when working with the third-party application.
  • Thu, Feb 18 2016 1:46 PM In reply to

• mhamilton
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Ottawa, Canada
    • Posts 1,573
    • Points 19,555

Re: export settings for Squeeze, but can I configure for Telestream Episode?

Wow... complicated, but very nicely laid out.  I will give it a try.  Thanks so much Andrew.

Malcolm

Mac Pro 6-Core 3.3GHz • OSX 10.9.1 • Media Composer v7.0.3 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller