Latest post Mon, Jan 9 2017 10:08 PM by Bruce Dixon. 162 replies.
Page 8 of 11 (163 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 21 2016 3:05 PM In reply to

Re: Avid 8.5 Mac taking forever to export files (Actually stops and cannot quit)

I know some folks continue to be frustrated with the export issue. I have reached out to see if there is an update.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Mon, Mar 21 2016 3:27 PM In reply to

• Arnoud
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 6 2015
    • Kwant
    • Posts 30
    • Points 345

Re: Avid 8.5 Mac taking forever to export files (Actually stops and cannot quit)

If this really is only mac-related than Avid is basically breaking its promise to always release updates for both Windows and Mac platforms with the exact same feature set. 

By the way, someone on this forum mentioned having to resort to Adobe Premiere because of this huge bug. I can tell from experience that Final Cut X is also very much able to export in all desired formats... ;)

Have a great day!

Arnoud Kwant

PC with Intel i9-7920X 2.90 Ghz processor, 64 Gb RAM, Nvidia Georce 2080ti GPU, running Windows 10 pro and iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) 4 GHz... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Mon, Mar 21 2016 3:52 PM In reply to

Same here...

Avid 8.5.1

and OS 10.11.3

h264 stops in 8 out of 10 exports.

mp4 export DOES work however...

• Tue, Mar 22 2016 9:35 AM In reply to

• oze
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Zealand
    • Posts 575
    • Points 6,805

I would have thought this would have been fixed by now. It's not a good look for the NLE industry leader . . .

2017 27" iMac i7 4.2, 2TB PCI memory, 64GB RAM, OS 10.13.6, MC 2018.10 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 22 2016 3:02 PM In reply to

All I can say is that it's being worked on...but no solution has yet been found.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Mar 22 2016 7:33 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,446
    • Points 221,260
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Folks,

I had a discussion with the head of CET ( Continuation Engineering ) today and here is the scoop.   Bug identified and logged:

MCCET-1092  -   CET has reproduced the issue in house and we have it as a top priority to fix in upcoming releases.

Marianna says:    Unfortunately, I don’t think it will make v8.5.2, since that is being tested now but it will be soon.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Mar 23 2016 3:34 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,446
    • Points 221,260
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Dave Mann:

Hi,

I had assumed wrongly that 8.5.1 would have fixed the export issue - what I am finding it very difficult to understand is why the export issue is not a high priority. It is an absolute showstopper for us here - the 2 machines that have been upgraded to ElCapitan are now no longer able to run Avid as prev versions dont work on EC.

Dave - Like Kevin said, there is identifying it and then fixing it.  Fixing it is happening now and should be in a coming release. It wasnt an easy one to bug bust accoridng to our CET team.  the next release is in test so it wont make that but heres hoping it is in the next one and out qucikly.

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Mar 23 2016 8:36 PM In reply to

Wow...this has become so frustrating. I am in the middle of an important job - I constantly need to get proof h264-files sending out, and this simple exporting task has become so unpredictable!
    First, DNxHD export worked, then it didnt, then ProRes export worked, now it doesnt.
    I can't believe I'm sitting infront of the percentage bar, and hoping it not to stop!! 7 out of 10 times it stops.

Dear avid, I don't know what you plan to release on the next release, but this is surely more important. I am paying for this to work. It has to work!!

Thank you

• Thu, Mar 24 2016 4:34 PM In reply to

All point releases deal primarily with fixing bugs, as the 8.5.2 release will. They are also trying to release fixes regularly, and whatever manages to get fixed will be included in the next release.

As mentioned, this particular bug sounds like it was a harder one to fix, and so hopefully will make the one that follows.

-- Kevin

• Sun, Mar 27 2016 11:56 PM In reply to

• oze
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • New Zealand
    • Posts 575
    • Points 6,805

To Marianna and the team, I appreaciate y'alls work on this. Looking forward to the fix.

2017 27" iMac i7 4.2, 2TB PCI memory, 64GB RAM, OS 10.13.6, MC 2018.10 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 29 2016 2:44 PM In reply to

• lpiche
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 5 2010
    • Posts 6
    • Points 70

Just wondering if there are any fixes as of yet.  I upgraded to 8.5.1 and it is still very unstable.  I don't like to say I am switching either (my dog is named Avid) however with clients in sessions and at least 4 crashes a day it makes it very hard to continue to work on Avid.  I have had a few editors switch over due to the instablity issue.  All systems are qualified.  Any help or a timeline on when the stablitlty will be sorted would be amazing.  

• Tue, Mar 29 2016 3:26 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,446
    • Points 221,260
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

lpiche:

Just wondering if there are any fixes as of yet.  I upgraded to 8.5.1 and it is still very unstable.  I don't like to say I am switching either (my dog is named Avid) however with clients in sessions and at least 4 crashes a day it makes it very hard to continue to work on Avid.  I have had a few editors switch over due to the instablity issue.  All systems are qualified.  Any help or a timeline on when the stablitlty will be sorted would be amazing.  

Hey there....   continuation engineering is still working it.  

ONE THING THAT WOULD HELP US HELP YOU...  Your system specifciations would be good to add to your profile.

Like to help but need to know what you have.

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Tue, Mar 29 2016 4:42 PM In reply to

• Mike
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 29 2011
    • PA
    • Posts 124
    • Points 1,365

Thanks Marianna, I too experience this frequently. It seems the most sucess i have exporting h264 is after a complete system restart. My specs are up too date.

*0SX 10.14.3 *MC Ultimate 2018.12.3 *iMacPro (2017) 2.3 GHz Intel Xeon W-18cor*128 GB 2666 MHz DDR4*Radeon Pro Vega 64X 16 GB *AJA IO4KPlus *AVID ISIS... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 29 2016 10:55 PM In reply to

• Editmvp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 3 2008
    • Billings, Montana
    • Posts 145
    • Points 1,730

Ditto what Mike says, after clean restart exporting usually works just fine.  But after running MC for a while, OR if any Adobe apps have been in use since last re-boot (Photoshop/After Effects/Media Encoder/Etc), then I also have the same freezing during export.  I primarily export ProRes 422 HQ or DNxHD 220x.  My specs are up to date too.

And as always, thanks so much to Marianna for all her help!  It's not easy being in her position when bugs like this surface.  But I'm hopeful it will be figured out soon.

Primary System: Media Composer 2018.12.3 w/Symphony Option | Phrase Find | Avid Artist DNxIO | Mac Pro Mid 2012 12-Core 3.46 | OS10.13.6/64GB/1TB-SSD/Quadro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 1 2016 12:59 AM In reply to

Today, I'm in a very time critical booking in which a 44 minute ep has come back to me at the last minute for urgent legal changes and needs to be sent for dubs and delivery to network STAT.  

I mixed down the entire show to pr422hq, my timeline only consists of that mixdown on V1 and 4 audio tracks, which are populated with 2 stereo wavs - a stereo mix and an m&e mix.

Now I'm trying to export a Same as Source quicktime.  

I'll give you three guesses as to what happens next...

Hardware: 5K iMac (late 2015 17,1), 4 GHz i7, 32 GB, M395X w/ 4 GB, Promise Pegasus2 R4 in RAID 5 | Additional monitoring: 2.5K thunderbolt display, Dreamcolor... [view my complete system specs]
Page 8 of 11 (163 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller