Latest post Tue, Jan 12 2016 6:33 AM by AndrewAction. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jan 12 2016 5:15 AM

how could simultaneously use my protools (from my iMac and my MacBook

hello not want to look like an idiot , because maybe someone is already aware of this question that I can not solve ,

I would like to open a section of protools on two different computers with the only reason to work simultaneous work on my two computers or simply save media alquien could explain if possible

I mention that I have three licenses ( pt , 10,11,12 )
    eh tried a license to carry my laptop but it has not worked , so let my iLok desktop on the server and not have to carry my iLok

thank you very much for your comments and suggestions
  • Tue, Jan 12 2016 5:23 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,385
    • Points 97,005

Re: how could simultaneously use my protools (from my iMac and my MacBook

You've posted in a Media Composer (video) forum. You'll more likely to find help for this by posting in the Pro Tools forums at http://duc.avid.com.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 12 2016 6:33 AM In reply to

Re: how could simultaneously use my protools (from my iMac and my MacBook

Antoniosoundlabrecords:
    I mention that I have three licenses ( pt , 10,11,12 )
    That is only 1 license. The PT12 licence comes with authorizations for PT 10 , PT 11 and PT12  With this licence at any time you can run PT 10 (for hereditary projects), OR PT 11 (first 64bit version) OR PT 12 for the latest updates.

To run PT's on 2 different computers (at different times) you can move the iLok between the computers 

To run PT on on 2 different computers (simultaneously) you need to have another licence with another iLok

As John said in the post above Avid's Audio forums are the place to interact with Protools users. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller