Latest post Thu, Apr 19 2018 8:08 PM by handcrew. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 16 2015 12:48 PM

• Squatter1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 16 2015
    • Posts 8
    • Points 105

Title tool wont save

Hi there

extremely annoying issue I've encountered while learning Avid - searched internet to no avail (I can see others posting with this issue, but no-one able to solve). 

Very simple problem: when I use the title tool, I cannot save what I type. 

When I launch title tool, the pop up screen comes up black, not displaying current active video image. This is first sign something is wrong. Only if I scrub through the video on the timeline then return to title tool does it display the active video. 

But the main issue is when I click 'save as' or 'save'. The title tool screen just disappears. The application remains open, but the windoe disappears. Now save and save as are greyed out. If I close the application it says 'A title is currently being saved. Do you really want to close Title Tool?'. At no point am I given the chance to select save directory, or anything like it. 

This is an excruciatingly basic function that is preventing me subtitling my foreign language footage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I am running MC7.0.5 on an early 2008 iMac, 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, OSX 10.10.3. 

Many thanks in advance

• Wed, Dec 16 2015 1:09 PM In reply to

• Squatter1
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 105

Re: Title tool wont save

By the way, I have read this thread, and tried whatever parts applied to me with no luck. 

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/118876.aspx?PageIndex=1

I notice the original poster didn't post to say his problem had been fixed. That doesn't bode well. Am I going to be told that my Mac is not supported by Avid because it is too old (despite the fact it runs the software exceptionally well in terms of performance)?

• Mon, Dec 21 2015 11:54 AM In reply to

• Squatter1
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 105

I'm bumping this in the hope someone can help. 

Thanks

• Mon, Dec 21 2015 2:01 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,170
    • Points 205,055
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Where are you trying to save the title?  Is it possible the location where you are savng the title is full?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Mon, Dec 21 2015 4:45 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,440
    • Points 15,685
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

In addition, be sure tha tthe folder your saving has set Privilege to Read & Write for your user account.

Good luck,

Ralph

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 30 2015 11:39 AM In reply to

• Squatter1
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 105

Thanks for the replies. 

Sadly I have tried all this. 

It seems Avid doesn't support iMac 2009 any more. Wish someone had told me this before I purchased Avid. 

Very poor considering all we are talking about is saving text. This software sometimes feels like it still lives in 1985. 

• Wed, Dec 30 2015 12:30 PM In reply to

In my experience this maybe related to old Mac hardware. In Particular the Graphics card and shared RAM.

Had a number of old imacs for training and around V8 when saving titles it would just hang. It woyuld work once in a blue moon. A slightly newer model imac worked fine. Tried swapping the whole OS and MC drive but it looked like hardware related. Never found a solution.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Wed, Dec 30 2015 4:09 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,170
    • Points 205,055
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

I checked with the engineers on this and we dont have any thoughts on this other than to ask you to try Marquee and see if it can save.   

Also, are you subtitling in English or in a foreign language?  

If it’s a foreign language you might opt to try copy/paste from another application like textedit or word instead of typing into the title tool directly, plus it would be good to know what the locale is.

We assume the Subcap effect is out of the question?

One of the engineers looked at the bug  list, including recently closed, and nothing looked useful there regarding this issue. 

Let me know

marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Sun, Jan 3 2016 9:46 PM In reply to

• Squatter1
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 105

Thanks for the reply and looking int this - sadly it looks like an unsurported hardware issue. It's kind of academic now as the whole Mac has decided to die! My next problem is how to deactivate the version on the dead Mac so I can install on another computer! Will post new thread on this..

• Mon, Jan 4 2016 4:31 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,170
    • Points 205,055
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Squatter1...

I hear you - mine died 2 weeks ago as well.  Using a loaner now and it is lightiing fast compared to my MacBook of 2011.  

I manually deactivated your license this am so you are good to go.

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Thu, Apr 19 2018 8:08 PM In reply to

• handcrew
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 19 2018
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

I recently encountered this problem of Title Tool not saving and it has been causing me plenty of frustration on my current project (using MC 8.9.3). 

I did just find a workaround.  Once you create your title (and make sure that you copy the contents to save you frustration in case it doesn't save), export the title to your desktop as a pict file.  After exporting, make the title tool window active again, then you should be able to save the title.  It has been working for me ever since I tried it.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller