Latest post Tue, Dec 1 2015 4:36 PM by jkl and hyd. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 1 2015 12:52 PM

Audio clip levels changing after EQ render

Hi all

We've got a load of Newscutters (10.5.4.4) attached to an ISIS and transmit from AirSpeeds.

Recently we've had a bug where applying EQ to an audio clip seems to override any level changes that have been made using the Audio Mixer. This only manifests on render; playing the unrendered clip gives the desired level with the EQ.

Anybody had a similar issue? The problem is that often this isn't noticed until the sequence has been sent to playback... our deadlines are tight so that means it's going out on air before a problem is spotted.

Thanks

JKL

• Tue, Dec 1 2015 1:55 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,136
    • Points 22,920

Re: Audio clip levels changing after EQ render

Just checking do you have the master selected in the mix down  window ???

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Tue, Dec 1 2015 4:36 PM In reply to

Re: Audio clip levels changing after EQ render

Thanks for the reponse. The mixdown before transfer is an automated process... I'll try to find out what the settings are that control that.

The issue does sometimes happen simply on rendering the EQ effects, so I think it's more to do with that. I don't think users generally render EQs as they go, but I guess the system renders them before performing a mixdown for transfer.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller