Latest post Tue, Sep 19 2017 3:59 PM by mtahir. 31 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Dec 5 2015 10:13 PM In reply to

Re: iLOK - every freakin time

Leo Baker:
    Thye software required to validate the license for this product is not running.
    As you have Blackmagic Decklink in your profile do you have a Blackmagic Desktop installed? If so what version?

If you look in the Control panels Programs and Features do you see the Avid Application Manager as an installed program?

• Sun, Dec 6 2015 12:30 PM In reply to

• Leo Baker
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 5 2011
    • London
    • Posts 298
    • Points 3,645

Installed I have

Blackmagic Desktop Video 10.4.1

Avid Application Manager 2.4.5.6625 is installed in add remove programs

Leo

Avid Media Composer 2018.12 Pro Tools 12.7 OSX Sierra 10.12.6 Computer: HP Z800 DUAL QUAD XEON X5667 3.07GHZ 96GB 2TB Caldigit HDONE Media 1TB SSD Graphics... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Dec 6 2015 6:08 PM In reply to

Maybe this from Marianna will help

Marianna:
    Annoying to say the least since it was introduced when AppMan 2.4.5 launched but should not affect MC  8.4.3  - it should work fine.  

If it doesn’t allow you to launch MC 8.4.3, then DEACTIVATE the license within the AppMan and then REACTIVATE it again right away.  if dongle based, download the updater.avd again and update thru AppMan.  

Then launch MC 8.4.3.

• Sun, Dec 6 2015 7:17 PM In reply to

• Leo Baker
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • London
    • Posts 298
    • Points 3,645

Thanks, I'll give this a go and let you know the outcome.

Thanks, Leo

Avid Media Composer 2018.12 Pro Tools 12.7 OSX Sierra 10.12.6 Computer: HP Z800 DUAL QUAD XEON X5667 3.07GHZ 96GB 2TB Caldigit HDONE Media 1TB SSD Graphics... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Dec 6 2015 11:31 PM In reply to

• dg57
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 28 2015
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130

I've seen the same issue for months. Reloading Pace doesn't fix it . Neither does reinstalling MC or the app manager. What does seem to work is to wait about 10 minutes after booting my PC to start Media Composer. Doing that rarely gives me the Ilok error message. If I do get it I reboot and wait . 10 minutes seems to work but you can try a shorter time to see what works for you. I also set Pace to automatic delayed.Don't know if that makes any difference.

Dave

• Mon, Dec 7 2015 12:50 AM In reply to

dg57:
    10 minutes seems to work but you can try a shorter time to see what works for you.
    Currently I am trying MC with NO Application Manager installed (APP Man 2.4.5 was last installed) and in my C:\ProgramData\Avid\AppManager\  renaming Cache to CacheOLD4 and Db to DbOLD4  
    MC 8.4.3 opens and has run properly for me for a couple of hours now through several test restarts.  It could be worth trying to see if this works at least as well as the enduring 10 minutes workaround for you.  

• Mon, Dec 7 2015 9:48 AM In reply to

Since I wait some minutes (I did not yet measure how many, but certainly less than 10) after booting my PC to start Media Composer definitely avoids the problem in my case.

MB: ASUS P6TD Deluxe, ATX, Intel X58, QPI 6.4GT/s, Intel LGA1366, 6xDDR3 1600MHz, PCI-E V2.0, On-board Soundkarte. CP: Intel Core i7 920 (2.66 GHz) Quad... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 9 2015 9:21 PM In reply to

• dg57
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 28 2015
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130

AndrewAction:
    Currently I am trying MC with NO Application Manager installed (APP Man 2.4.5 was last installed) and in my C:\ProgramData\Avid\AppManager\  renaming Cache to CacheOLD4 and Db to DbOLD4  

Thanks. I had to do that when app manager would not recognize the fact that I had correctly updated my MC/Symph software. My account said I was good, app manager did not. That's another can of worms that many Avid users are going through right now. Good thing they have Marianna working for them, she's a bright light in all this mess . A simple update should not be so difficult. Neither should a license manager be so wonky. I used to build Avids when they were  on IBM Intellistations and remember the bios voodoo we had to go through in the setup. I thought I was done with the voodoo part.

Dave

• Sun, Dec 20 2015 11:44 PM In reply to

• Leo Baker
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • London
    • Posts 298
    • Points 3,645

I swapped system drive out and the problem has vanised?

Thanks,

Leo

• Tue, Mar 15 2016 5:30 PM In reply to

• Undot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 3 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

I'm not sure if this still poses a problem for others, but since it just popped up for us, again, it may be helpful for some.

We got the same errors and, while we could manually start the PACE service, it wouldn't start itself every so often. Delayed or not. Our solution was excluding the application manager processes (AvidApplicationManager and AvidAppmanHelper) from the realtime protection of our virus scanner (Avira).

We once did in the past, but since Application Manager changed to 64-bit the exclusions were pointing to the wrong, old path (x86).

On a side note, that piece of software turning 64bit also gave us the "Java JVM..." error at startup. Reason being a messy uninstall. Just deleting the old x86 application manager folder solved that one.

With every MC update there's pages of changes and bug fixes. But how one should be mindful as licensing was changed I did not see mentioned. *sigh*

• Wed, Mar 16 2016 3:03 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,759
    • Points 19,385
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Undot:

I'm not sure if this still poses a problem for others, but since it just popped up for us, again, it may be helpful for some.

We got the same errors and, while we could manually start the PACE service, it wouldn't start itself every so often. Delayed or not. Our solution was excluding the application manager processes (AvidApplicationManager and AvidAppmanHelper) from the realtime protection of our virus scanner (Avira).

We once did in the past, but since Application Manager changed to 64-bit the exclusions were pointing to the wrong, old path (x86).

On a side note, that piece of software turning 64bit also gave us the "Java JVM..." error at startup. Reason being a messy uninstall. Just deleting the old x86 application manager folder solved that one.

With every MC update there's pages of changes and bug fixes. But how one should be mindful as licensing was changed I did not see mentioned. *sigh*

Thank you for posting your this, I'm sure this will be helpful Yes

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Sep 16 2017 11:53 PM In reply to

• mtahir
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • UK
    • Posts 480
    • Points 5,865

I've just had this problem for the first time. However, I remembered the last thing I did on my machine: I uninstalled 'Bonjour'. I didn't realise it gets installed with the PACE drivers. In the 'Event Viewer' I saw it was having problems and I couldn't remember why the software was installed, so I uninstalled it a few days ago. Once 'Bonjour' is uninstalled, I found the 'PACE License Services' service wouldn't start.

I uninstalled the PACE drivers and re-installed whatever the latest was on the iLok website. No more problems (so far). I didn't go by the Avid Knowledge Base note and install the legacy drivers. For reference, I'm using PACE drivers v3.1.7.1901 (the installer says its v3.1.7_r37900) and Bonjour is v3.0.0.10.

I've always exlcuded the Avid software and others from real-time virus scanning but not from on-demand scanning. As mentioned in the previous post, perhaps that's also part of the solution.

MC2018.1 (Win7) | Dell T7500 with 2 x 6-Core Intel Xeon X5690 3.46GHz CPUs | Triple-Channel 64GB (32GB per CPU) 1333MHz DDR3 EEC FBDIMM | 3GB nVidia Quadro... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Mon, Sep 18 2017 2:47 PM In reply to

• Atomike
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Nebraska
    • Posts 719
    • Points 10,965

I too, have recently started getting this iLok error message. Never had it before. Seems to have started right when I installed latest version of MC (8.9.1).

For me, while annoying, it has caused little hardship since I can still proceed to start the software despite the error message.

Media Composer version: usually newest release, or 1 behind. Nvidia GTX 1070Ti Windows 10, Core i7 8700K processor, ASRock GA 1151 Z370 Motherboard... [view my complete system specs]

I spend most of my time between New York and Los Angeles.  In Nebraska.

• Mon, Sep 18 2017 4:23 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,018
    • Points 215,695
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Mike

what OS is this system?

I think this is very frustrating too as I hear about it quite a lot.  I am escalating this - stand by

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Sep 18 2017 8:13 PM In reply to

• Atomike
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Nebraska
    • Posts 719
    • Points 10,965

Marianna:

Mike

what OS is this system?

I think this is very frustrating too as I hear about it quite a lot.  I am escalating this - stand by

Marianna

I'm running Windows 10 Professional.  I foolishly usually keep Windows up-to-date with patches, which could be part of the problem.

Although this is really more of an annoyance than a problem, I do appreciate you looking into this and escalating it.

MikeD

Media Composer version: usually newest release, or 1 behind. Nvidia GTX 1070Ti Windows 10, Core i7 8700K processor, ASRock GA 1151 Z370 Motherboard... [view my complete system specs]

I spend most of my time between New York and Los Angeles.  In Nebraska.

Page 2 of 3 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller