Latest post Fri, Oct 30 2015 9:07 AM by olenad. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 29 2015 7:38 PM

• brian.ford
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 29 2015
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Issue with inews Active X control hanging

We have an issue with a new version of our inews activeX plugin.  It is hanging when the plugin is editing an existing mos object in the rundown.  When in the editing state iNews adds the "OK, Cancel, Apply" buttons to the bottom of the plugin.  When any of those 3 buttons are clicked, iNews completely locks up and freezes.  It appears to lock up prior to any active x call being made into our plugin.  

I'm hoping someone from the avid team might be able to shed some light on what happens when one of those modal buttons is clicked.  Does it send a windows message to the plugin window handle?  In an older working version of our plugin it appears the first active X call we get when one of those buttons is clicked is RequestClose followed by a MOSItemData request.  In our newer version neither of these calls are received before it hangs.  We could make a standalone version of the plugin if someone from the iNews team can work with us to debug the iNews side of things.

This occurs with various iNews client versions (tested 4.0 to 5.1)

Alternatively, is there a way to modify the iNews configuration to prevent those 3 buttons from being added to the plugin in edit mode?  In some other newsroom systems, the mos plugin can update an item in the rundown using an activex callback "mosMsgFromPlugIn".  In these situations our plugin can create its own OK, Apply, Cancel buttons.

• Fri, Oct 30 2015 9:07 AM In reply to

• olenad
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 6 2014
    • Posts 29
    • Points 310

Re: Issue with inews Active X control hanging

Hi Brian,

Do you have "A iNEWS™ MOS ActiveX Specifications" doc?

There is some information that may clarify behavior, so I'm attaching it to the post.

If this will not help, then I'll pass your question to engineers.

From the description of the problem it seems like the reason of the issue is in changes between old and new plugin's version.

There were no ActiveX changes in inews client between 4.0 and 5.1 versions as I know.

Thanks,

Olena

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller