Latest post Fri, Feb 17 2017 4:03 AM by mwatech. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 29 2015 3:38 AM

• Moon Shark
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 25 2010
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 26
    • Points 360

Inexplicable... Exception: NEMW_WRITER_UNKNOWN_STREAM_STATUS

I haven't edited anything in a few months. All of a sudden I can't import any video into any project, old or new. I get this message: Exception: NEMW_WRITER_UNKNOWN_STREAM_STATUS

I shoot with a Cannon 60D, and have always just dropped my footage straight from SD card to harddrive, and then into Avid. Never had any issues. But all of a sudden nothing works.

I've even tried importing the same (old) clips into old projects, but that won't work either. Have experimented with several different file formats, mov, flv, mp4, etc, etc. Same error message. Everytime I try to import any video file, into any Avid project I get: Exception: NEMW_WRITER_UNKNOWN_STREAM_STATUS

Can't find any threads with any discussions relevant to my particular issue. Frustrated and bewildered beyond belief. Anyone able to help?

AVID MC 8.0, Windows 8.1 X64, Intel Core i7 4930K CPU @ 3.4 Ghz, 64 GB RAM, NVIDEA Quadro K4000, 3 X 2TB internal drives (RAID 5) [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 29 2015 12:48 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,220
    • Points 13,295
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Inexplicable... Exception: NEMW_WRITER_UNKNOWN_STREAM_STATUS

Hello Moon Shark,

Here is a related thread

Does it work if you AMA link?

Good luck,

Ralph

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 30 2015 12:05 PM In reply to

• Moon Shark
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 26
    • Points 360

AMA link does not work. I get a message that says: unable to link to file or volume. You may need to install the AMA plug in etc, etc. It's my understanding that the plug in is already installed on my version of Media Composer. And when I tried to install the plug in from the links, it says the plug in is not compatible with your version.

The thread you linked doesn't contain any information I find to be helpful. Hard drive formatting doesn't seem to make any sense because, as I said, everything has always worked before, formatted as is. Why would it suddenly need to be formatted a different way?

AVID MC 8.0, Windows 8.1 X64, Intel Core i7 4930K CPU @ 3.4 Ghz, 64 GB RAM, NVIDEA Quadro K4000, 3 X 2TB internal drives (RAID 5) [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 16 2017 7:10 PM In reply to

• mwatech
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 3 2011
    • Posts 17
    • Points 145

I am having a similar issue - any resolution?

• Thu, Feb 16 2017 7:32 PM In reply to

Can not link or import any type of footage? Did you check if you are importing into C drive?

cv

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 5.5.3. PC. WINDOWS 7, SP1. 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM. QUICK TIME VERSION 7.6.9. [view my complete system specs]

AVID USERS ECUADOR                                  

@avidusersecuado

• Thu, Feb 16 2017 8:17 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,581
    • Points 111,915
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

The only few times I saw this was when it related to the Ext HDD's format.  Customers had to convert ithe drive from FAT32 to NTFS so it can migrate files larger than 4GB.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Thu, Feb 16 2017 10:22 PM In reply to

• Moon Shark
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 26
    • Points 360

Just stopping to say...

As it turned out there was some problem with the actual drives, and the RAID configuration. I had to transfer all data to other external drives, & reformat 'em. Then the problem went away.

I'm sure there are plenty of other causes for this error... so my fix may not be applicable to your issue.

• Thu, Feb 16 2017 10:34 PM In reply to

• mwatech
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 17
    • Points 145

Thanks for the immediate feedback, but mine is on importing to the ISIS, with plenty of room.  I am importing to local and waiting to see if it errors out.  Then I will try to a regular network share, then finally the ISIS again.

• Fri, Feb 17 2017 4:03 AM In reply to

• mwatech
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 17
    • Points 145

Problem solved.   We have 2 ISIS 5500 chasis running and the chassis with the project was low on space, which was causing the error.  Project was moved to the emptier chassis and error went away.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller