Latest post Fri, Mar 30 2018 6:02 PM by Robert Grigsby Wilson. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 28 2015 8:10 PM

Change Scriptsync Thumbnails

Can we please allow the user to use "Go To In" or "JKL" like in bins to change the representative thumbnail in the Scriptsync scrip? Thanks.

iMac 27" 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 Media Composer Version 8.4.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 28 2015 8:35 PM In reply to

Re: Change Scriptsync Thumbnails

You already can. Click on the white box under the slate, and use step fram forward / backward to change the representative image.

P.S. That's part of Script-Based Editing, not ScriptSync (that is just the module that can "read" your audio and automatically set script marks when it recognize matching phonetics).

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 28 2015 8:56 PM In reply to

Thanks for the clarification and yes you're right, scriptsync isn't the right name for it. However, I don't think I can do what you're suggesting. In version 8.4.2, which I'm currently running, Step Forward and Backward doesn't do anything to the thumbnails in my script. Am I misunderstanding you somehow?

iMac 27" 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 Media Composer Version 8.4.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 5 2017 3:51 PM In reply to

I'm curious about this myself, is it not possible?

• Fri, Mar 30 2018 5:52 PM In reply to

• Aren Hansen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 15 2016
    • Toronto
    • Posts 28
    • Points 320

Hey there.

Did you figure this out?!

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) 3.2 Ghz Intel Core i5 and 24GB Ram Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt OWC Thunderbay [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 30 2018 6:02 PM In reply to

Hey yes. You have to have Step Forward/Backward mapped to your keyboard. It wouldn't work for me out of the Active Palette on the Command Tool. That should at least allow you you to change the thumbnail in the Avid script.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller