Latest post Sat, Oct 24 2015 5:10 AM by AndrewAction. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 24 2015 3:16 AM

Huge Mistake Downloading The Latest Mac Software

So I Messed Up Royally,

Hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I'm NEW to Protools. I have Protools 11.I'm using the Renaisanse MPC for my music production, I decided to try to export my music, I then load a Blank Session and I get this pop-up once I name the session .. "Could Not Import Audio" .. I recorded / imported my tracks before however I was using the standard Mac 10. I'm now using the 10.11 El Capitan. Prior I had the Yosimine but never imported tracks on that software .. 

My Question is do I have to wait for software updates or is it somthing I could do internally that wouldallow me to get past the error message to import my tracks ?

I'd honestly like to set my Mac back to the Yosemine but after doing research it's a huge headache and I do not have back up hard drives to do it so I'm waiting it out for software updates for the MPC and EIE Pro .. Now I fear it's the same with Protools regarding the newest Mac Upgrade .. Does anyone know how to street me strait ? PS. To Reply Personally please do either call 610-818-7812 / tufflon.corp@gmail.com 

John Allen

Protools 11 / Protools 10 .. IMAC Apple 10.9 / 21.5. [Currently purchasing needed software and hardware for pre-production needs. [view my complete system specs]

Warm Regards, 

Tufflon Records L.L.C.

Suite 6323 Kelly Drive

Norristown Pennsylvania, 19401

• Sat, Oct 24 2015 5:02 AM In reply to

• Mark
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 19 2010
    • Posts 417
    • Points 4,475

Re: Huge Mistake Downloading The Latest Mac Software

You posted in the Avid's video fora. You're more likely to find useful information in the audio fora. Their URL begins at: http://duc.avid.com/index.php 

Good luck,

MC 8.7.2. HP Z400, Xeon W3580, 24GB ECC RAM, BMD Decklink Studio 4K, Desktop Video 10.3, Quadro K4200, 362.13 OS & programs: 600GB 10k, video: 1TB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 24 2015 5:10 AM In reply to

Re: Huge Mistake Downloading The Latest Mac Software

Hi,  You have posted in the Avid Pro Video forums. For Protools related questions you need to join the Avid Pro Audio Forums found here and then go to the appropriate Protools forum for your setup.

Have you looked into making your Mac a dual boot system.  It is possible with some Macs to add a fast external USB3 or Thunderbolt drive that you can install Yosemite on and your Protools software. Then Boot from this external drive (holding the Option(?) key down whilst the computer boots and selecting your external Yosemite boot drive)

Good luck

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller