Latest post Thu, Oct 22 2015 2:23 PM by Mark Rawson. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 21 2015 6:47 PM

Need help with inewswebservice API

I am using the Web Service API that comes with Inews 5. I have recently updated the Web Server OS from Server 2003 x32 to Server 2008R2. The API worked correctly on 2003 but fails to start on 2008R2. We are using Tomcat 7.0.34 and JVM 1.6.0_38-b05. The error message upon starting the API says: Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";} FAIL - Application at context path /inewswebservice could not be started.

I appologize in advance as I am not a programmer and Avid customer support does not seem to have anyone there that knows this API.

Thanks.

Mark Rawson

Media General

• Wed, Oct 21 2015 6:50 PM In reply to

Re: Need help with inewswebservice API

Apparently this interface does not like cut and past. The error message is simply FAIL - Application at context path /inewswebservice could not be started.

• Thu, Oct 22 2015 8:55 AM In reply to

Hi Mark,

You need to update JVM to 1.7 because last version of Web Services uses Java 7.

--
    BR

• Thu, Oct 22 2015 2:23 PM In reply to

That was the ticket I was looking for. Thank you so much.

Mark

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller