Latest post Sat, Sep 5 2015 9:02 AM by S.Clements. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Sep 5 2015 9:02 AM

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 798
    • Points 10,610

Ability to Subclip and then AutoSync clips from timeline without baking in effects in transcode

It is very limiting to have to bake in your LUT in the transcode, just so you can gain the ability to subclip and autosync from the timeline, as opposed to having to autosync from the bin.  AutoSyncing from the bin can be incredibly tedious and time consuming and I don't even consider it a viable option, so Avid's workflow forces me to bake in a LUT into DNxHD 36 that may not be suitable.  And because DNxHD 36 can't be graded very well, -it may mess up the entire project if the LUT doesn't work. Please make the whole AutoSyncing process much more flexible in general.  And you should be able to "perf slip" everything and decide you want to do that after the fact, if you so choose.  It's all about flexibility here - not making people redo time-consuming transcodes because they didn't choose to do something earlier in the pipeline.

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram Mac, OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , , ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller