Latest post Sun, Sep 6 2015 3:53 AM by swati.filmmaker. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 27 2015 8:19 PM

Problems Exporting Titler Pro Titles With Matte out of Avid

Hi,

I work in Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 and I have used Titler Pro for the first time in my current project (4K DCI 23.976).

I need to export my timeline from Avid so the Colorist can color the linked R3D files in Resolve and also make the Master renders for me.

Resolve doesnt understand Titler Pro effect, so it simply gnores it. This means I need to render the title layer in 4K using some codec that can then be imported into Resolve. In Avid MC, my titles are on V2 (Avid calls it "filler") and they appear over some shots on V1, which looks/ works great! The trouble is, I cant seem to be able to export this title layer with the matte intact out of Avid.

I tried exporting  Avid DNxHR444, but it flattened all the layers underneath & exported the title without the Matte. I tried JPEG 2000 with Millions of Pictures+  thinking this would export the Alpha layer, but that actually exported  a blank file!

Master render is going to occur in Resolve, so  I need to be able to export these titles with the matte key out of Avid, so the Colorist can place the Title layer over the R3D footage he is coloring Any pointers would be greatly appreciated..

Swati

• Thu, Aug 27 2015 9:33 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,731
    • Points 224,745
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Problems Exporting Titler Pro Titles With Matte out of Avid

Moving this to Complete Your Suite so the folks at NewBlue see it and respond.  Not sure why Resolve isnt seeing the titler effect

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Aug 27 2015 10:57 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,509
    • Points 42,315

I do not believe Avid Media Composer will export any files with an alpha.  Just not designed to do that.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.11.0 but playing w 2018.12.6|OS 10.14.x - iMac 2017 - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Fri, Aug 28 2015 5:50 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,345

swati.filmmaker:

Resolve doesnt understand Titler Pro effect, so it simply gnores it.

Do the colourist have the OFX version of TP installed ?

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Fri, Aug 28 2015 6:57 PM In reply to

Hi Swati,

What version of Titler Pro are you using? 

• Fri, Aug 28 2015 7:10 PM In reply to

I am away from my computer right now, I will check as soon as I get home. I am not using the stanalone titler pro. I recrntly upgraded to Avid 8.3.1 and the Title Pro came with it. I am using it from within Avid. 

• Fri, Aug 28 2015 7:13 PM In reply to

The colourist doesnt have the OFX version of TP installed. Do you mean to say if he installs that, his Resolve will be able to import/ see my Titles?

• Wed, Sep 2 2015 1:43 PM In reply to

swati.filmmaker:

I am away from my computer right now, I will check as soon as I get home. I am not using the stanalone titler pro. I recrntly upgraded to Avid 8.3.1 and the Title Pro came with it. I am using it from within Avid. 

Are you using the subscription version of Media Composer? If so then you should have Titler Pro 2.0.

In the Titler Pro interface, if you click the File menu, do you see an "export movie" option? 

• Wed, Sep 2 2015 6:16 PM In reply to

Hi Marcus,

No I am not using the subscription version of Media Composer, just the regular installation. I have Titler Pro Version 1.0

The only options I have under File Menu is Save As, which saves out a .nbtitle file, I am not sure what to do with that. I also have an Export Package option, which can export a zip file.

I wish my Avid License allowed me to download the stand alone Titler Pro software, so I could oopen the nbtitle file and use the export movie option from there on.

In the mean time, since I didnt get any answers, I had no other option but to re-create the titles outside of Avid..!

Swati 

• Fri, Sep 4 2015 8:22 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,345

swati.filmmaker:

No I am not using the subscription version of Media Composer, just the regular installation. I have Titler Pro Version 1.0

I think you need a later version, I could test with TP 4 if you are interested in buying the update

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Sun, Sep 6 2015 3:53 AM In reply to

Thanks Mjolnarn, I couldnt wait, so I solved my problem by having a Titler recreate that for me in a different software.  I understand the limitation now, so I will keep that in mind for next time..!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller