Latest post Fri, Oct 12 2018 12:49 AM by dougorama. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 27 2015 2:57 AM

Shift + Drag layers to select not working.

When I edit I quickly turn on and off layers by shift dragging them.   For some reason this is bringing in the LASSO tool.  Photo attached for reference. When this happens.. my snapping also seems to turn off.  (when I command drag a clip in segment mode.. to attach to another clip)    I am running OSX Yosemite 10.10.5    I am running Media Composer 8.4  

Filed under: , ,
  • Thu, Aug 27 2015 5:56 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,463
    • Points 63,390
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Shift + Drag layers to select not working.

OSX 10.10.5 has not been qualified for any version of Media Composer.  The supported version is 10.10.3.  That may or may not explain some unexpected behavior.

Not sure about your nomenclature.  You can enable and disable tracks by shift dragging but changing the visiblity of layers is controlled by the monitor icon and that's just a click to enable the highest visible layer.  Layer visibility in not a draggable event.

And based upon your screen shot you're dragging V1 down to the track lock option for Audio 3.  I'm guessing that you're not getting the intended result.

The lasso tool will be enabled if you drag inside the timeline rather than the track selectors.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Thu, Aug 27 2015 4:45 PM In reply to

Thanks for the reply.  Yea you are not supposed to be able to drag V1 anywhere in that column.  You should only be able to do that to the colum to the left I thought? 

• Thu, Aug 27 2015 5:04 PM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,463
    • Points 63,390

Actually you drag from the left column (source track) to the righ column (target track). 

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

• Thu, Aug 27 2015 5:35 PM In reply to

Correct. Sorry. You aren't supposed to be able to drag in the column on the Right to the left.. like in my picture.  

• Fri, Aug 28 2015 5:44 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,463
    • Points 63,390

You can.  It's like demand and supply instead of supply and demand?

• Fri, Oct 12 2018 12:49 AM In reply to

• dougorama
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 24 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10

I know this is an older thread but the only one I've found that shows the exact problem I am experiencing. 

I found another thread where holding command wasn't snapping to edit points and was resolved by disabling the virus software "Webroot". That is the same solution for this problem. Disabling Webroot fixed it for me so just wanted to share. Now I have to find new virus software...

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller