Latest post Thu, May 19 2016 11:32 PM by N Ryan. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 5 2015 11:02 PM

Favorite Bins in Interplay

How does Favorite bin work with interplay?

Can I use it or will the Favorite bin make a mess of the Check in process?

Thanks for your Help.

Avid Media Composer 8.2.4

Interplay 3.0.7.38330

• Wed, Nov 18 2015 1:37 AM In reply to

Re: Favorite Bins in Interplay

Using Favorite Bin in Interplay environment is not recommended, because it creates the same issues as "Open Bin" from another project. When you close that bin, it now checks all its assets into Interplay into the project you are currently in. When it comes time for the IP administrator to dump media from the project the favorite bin came from, the assets in that bin will show as being part of your current project. This presents a nightmare for knowing what is deletable from the old project. It is better to manually check in items to a Catalog folder in Interplay and retrieve your favorite clips from there.

• Thu, May 19 2016 11:32 PM In reply to

• N Ryan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 3 2014
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 87
    • Points 1,055

Re: Favorite Bins in Interplay

I wondered about this question, searched on it and found this thread, so, question answered.
    However, I also checked the v8.4 Editing Guide (i.e. User Manual) under Favorites Bin and there is no mention of NOT using it in an Interplay environment.

Avid should look at including this caveat in their manuals.

(And I have created some 'Favorite' folders in Interplay which are Pinned, to create the same benefits as Favourite Bins; although it would help if I could have more than 10 tabs open in the Interplay Window.)

OS 10.11.4 Mac Pro Media Composer 8.6.3 with Symphony & Interplay 3.4 AvidFX 6.4 Neat Video 4.1.4 ISIS5500 [view my complete system specs]

Neil.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller