Latest post Fri, Sep 8 2017 6:09 PM by RalphC. 20 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 14 2016 9:11 PM In reply to

• Greenoid
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 14 2016
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: Application Manager Account login failed

Ok fixed.

The trick is if you're on OSX is to look in:

Applications > Avid > Application Manager 

You need to run AvidAppManagerHelper

Next time I tried opening the Avid Application Manager it worked.

Big shout out to @gegonz who emailed me back after 13 minutes! As it happened I had fixed it by the time he responded but just wanted to say how amazing it was he responded so fast.

• Fri, Jan 15 2016 1:42 PM In reply to

Hi Greenoid,

Thank you for sticking with this to get it working. What concerns me is that the App Manager Helper is supposed to start on it's own with App Manager. With that Helper, AM is going to behave correctly. 

We would be very interested to see how this behaves for you if you move up to the new App Manager 2.5.1 release. 
    Please let us know.

Thanks

~Keith

- MacPro, 2.66 GHz, 14G RAM; OS 10.8.4; MC DX Nitris; ISIS 4.5 - MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8G RAM, ISIS 4.5 - z800 Xeon 2.93Ghz, 12G RAM, Win 7, DX Nitris... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 3 2016 12:28 PM In reply to

• megac
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 14
    • Points 135

....same problem in here ,but with the difference ... I can wait forever ... nothing is happening ... I'm even not able to login again , because the loginscreen is not reapearing...... but !!!...If i log in to my AvidAccount on a total different machine at the same time ...it works !

It seems that the authentication of the ApplicationManger ( 2.5.1.115 on OSX 10.11) is not working , and not running into a timeout , but as soon as the login on a different computer (at the same time) works (Avid-support-account) , it gets automatically as well the authenticationkey ...strange isn't it ?

I never took care of that because no one is using the app.manager. Unfortunately the B-Updates are only available through this new way).

clemens

• Thu, Mar 3 2016 7:18 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,497
    • Points 110,965
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Clemens....

Are you attempting this on a license with a dongle? Have you tried to stop in the activity monitor the appman helper and the appman ?  Then try it again.   I asume you updated your dongle so the server knows that you have 8.5.  You need to do that after a renwwal in order to have the Appman know that your license is active and eligible.  

Might be the licensing side here on that one system that is hosing you.  email me off forum and I can provide a few tips.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Fri, Sep 8 2017 4:20 PM In reply to

• DJordydj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 8 2017
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

I can't log into my Master Account from the Avid Application Manager. It's always displaying this "The user/password is wrong" message.

• Fri, Sep 8 2017 6:09 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,198
    • Points 13,045
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

DJordydj:

I can't log into my Master Account from the Avid Application Manager. It's always displaying this "The user/password is wrong" message.

PM me so I can't reset your password.

Thanks,
    RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller