Latest post Tue, Jun 30 2015 10:00 AM by Paddywack. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 30 2015 10:00 AM

• Paddywack
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Winchester, England.
    • Posts 299
    • Points 3,490

4 point Corner tracking problem

Hi all,

I am trying to use the Avid 4 point corner tracker to place an image into a frame that is moving in 3 dimensions. The frame has been created in AfterFX and I have a template with tracking points to track (see vimeo album below) but whatever I do within the Avid tracker the image doesn't track properly and seems to overshoot and undershoot quite considerably. When I watch the tracking points as it tracks it seems to be accurate but the resulting corner pinned track is way off.

If I do the same track using Boris corner pinning it seems to hold the image much better. However I would rather use Avid if possible (rather than Boris or AfterFX) since I have a large amount of these stills to do and I would like to be able to do it in real time.

Anyone got any ideas as to what is going wrong? (P.S. all the smoothing options are turned off and I have tried both fluid and correlation trackers) The Vimeo album here: https://vimeo.com/album/3461250 shows the Avid track results the BCC track results and the original tracking points if any one wants to have a go at creating a better track.

Media Composer V8.8 MX02LE running Win 10 Pro 64bit on PC 12 core 3.5Ghz HP z820 with 120Gb memory, NVidia K5000 with 6Tb Sata plus Apple MacPro 15"... [view my complete system specs]

Paddywack Productions Ltd. Freelance editing in the UK

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller