Latest post Wed, Apr 1 2015 10:35 AM by DStone. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 31 2015 3:45 PM

Specs of UltraHD XAVC OP1A

Locked Contact

I have a client requesting a final master delivery with the following video specs:

• Codec:                                           XAVC

• Resolution:                   2160p (3840x2160)

• Bitrate:                         240Mb/s

• Chroma Subsampling:   4:2:2

• Frame Rate:                  23.98p

• Timecode:                     VITC only

• File Wrapper:               MXF OP1a

I have just upgraded to Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 and have installed the appropriate plugin that allows me to export a XAVC OP1A (PDZK-MA2_v3.40_win_en).  I have followed the instructions on how to make an OP1A like this (File -> AMA File Export -> File Type: XAVC) and have successfully exported a test file out of a UHD 23.976P project.  The only problem is that I have no reliable way of checking what the specifications of this file are as there are no settings in the export window and there is no info online as this is a rather new development in Avid.  I was hoping that someone else would know what the the specs (mostly bit rate) of this file are or if there is a program out there that could reliably open this type of file and show what all the techincal specifications of it are (we normally use DrasticPreview just to quality check OP1A files but it doesn't offer much in the way of reliable technical info).  Thanks very much for your time.
    HP Z420 Workstation, Media Composer 8.4, Windows 7 Pro, Intel Xeon CPU E5-1650 3.20 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro 2000 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Wed, Apr 1 2015 10:35 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,572
    • Points 45,875
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Specs of UltraHD XAVC OP1A

Locked Contact

Duplicate post (and answered in the MC PC forums). Please only post questions once.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller