Latest post Sun, Jul 7 2019 8:34 PM by spyderrp7. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 25 2015 7:06 PM

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,547
    • Points 42,735

Source Color Space settings

A question about the tab selections labeled Source Color Space in the Color Encoding page of Source Settings.  This is the upper tab selection.

Changing any of these does not seem to have any affect on preview window or video in the source window.  Should it?  If so how to implement it?

Thanks,

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.11.0 but playing w 2018.12.6|OS 10.14.x - iMac 2017 - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Thu, Mar 26 2015 2:13 PM In reply to

Re: Source Color Space settings

My understanding is that this is to indicate the sources color space so that any subsequent LUT operations know how to work with it. So you won't see any affect unless the LUT you use changes the way it works based on that.

FWIW I've not seen it make any difference either.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Thu, Mar 26 2015 3:49 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,547
    • Points 42,735

Here is the issue.  I have tested files that I AMA into 8.3.1 that were made Full Swing, but Avid thinks are Studio swing.  It "fixes" these files by scaling the levels (incorrectly).  The ony way to correct the issue is to add a LUT to "unscale" the clip.  This is a double scaling - not something that should be done.

I was hoping that this tab would let the user override Avid's guess and display the file correctly.  Much like Adobe's interpret dialog.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.11.0 but playing w 2018.12.6|OS 10.14.x - iMac 2017 - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Thu, Mar 26 2015 4:55 PM In reply to

Yes you'd think so...

We have real issues with Prores files on the PCs. No idea what levels we really have.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Sun, Jul 7 2019 8:34 PM In reply to

• spyderrp7
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 28 2011
    • Posts 27
    • Points 375

I just had the same exact question too. 

It seems that changing the Source color space it will display that in the Bin if you check the Color Space column.

But it would also suggest different color transformations when pressing the Auto button inside Source settings.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller