Latest post Thu, Apr 2 2015 5:04 PM by figs81. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 18 2015 4:09 PM

• figs81
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 26 2012
    • Posts 16
    • Points 185

Reinstalling v3.5: Avid ID number?

In 2009, I purchased Media Composer v3.5. My PC crashed last spring, & I need to reinstal v3.5 (on the Media Composer v3.5 disk is an 11 digit number, an underscore, & letter i.e. 8888-88888-88_B). Is this the correct Avid ID number for me to reinstal? Unfortunately, I can't upgrade from v3.5, due to my PC & monetary issues. If this isn't the Avid ID number, can you please direct me where to locate the correct code I need to input [I don't have any paperwork from '09, & I sent an email to Avid, regarding the matter...may take a while to get a reply)? -Thanks for any help or information you can give. -R.C. Anderson, New Orleans.

• Wed, Mar 18 2015 4:57 PM In reply to

Re: Reinstalling v3.5: Avid ID number?

Hi,

You should have a dongle, and (hopefully) that should have a tag attached to it which has your system ID number on it.

Media Composer 2018.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Mar 18 2015 5:35 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,170
    • Points 205,055
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

if you cant find it - email me with your name etc... and I will try and look it up

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Thu, Apr 2 2015 5:04 PM In reply to

• figs81
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 26 2012
    • Posts 16
    • Points 185

Marianna,

Thanks for offering you help!   I did get the license number from Avid Customer Care.  Is there an alternate way to re-install MC3.5, besides using the software (i.e. downloading it from Avid online?).   I'm going to hire a computer expert to re-install it, but I would feel more secure if it could be downloaded from Avid as well, just in case the software isn't functioning properly.

Thanks for any advice you can give,

R. Anderson,

New Orleans, LA

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller