Latest post Thu, Oct 12 2017 6:53 PM by Lukas Boeck. 120 replies.
Page 3 of 9 (121 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 6 2015 1:54 PM In reply to

Re: SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT AGAIN

ITS BACK! I CANT BELIEVE IT! relief was shortlived.

I imported some test footage 2 days ago and did a test.. It worked.. Made bins.. did a test edit, no ERROR but didnt use the Avid that long

Yesterday I didnt opn the Avid...

Today received some more footage And Ive been told its exactly the same as the test footage the other day. 

AND I got this message as I was organizing bins.. didnt even have a Timeline yet. I was just putting clips in their respective scene bins.. and BOOM spinning ball again.. then this bloody error message!

Here is concole details

Feb 6 console1

Feb 6 Console 2

Console3 Feb 6

Marianna Help!

Tracy x

Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite Avid MC Vers v8.6.5 with MX02 4.6.0 (Firmware 15) Mac Pro 2.66GHz 12 Core 12GB / 1TB Solid State Drive w/ 48 GB of added ram... [view my complete system specs]

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.." Alice in Wonderland. feelm

• Fri, Feb 6 2015 2:03 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,305

Hi Tracy and sorry to hear.

As you have been on lots of different configurations recently is it the one in your profile that is active now or what is the status.

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Fri, Feb 6 2015 2:09 PM In reply to

YES that is my configuration..

Do you want me to email you one of the MXF files?

How do I find out if this footage is 8 bit or 10 bit?

Thanks Tracy

Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite Avid MC Vers v8.6.5 with MX02 4.6.0 (Firmware 15) Mac Pro 2.66GHz 12 Core 12GB / 1TB Solid State Drive w/ 48 GB of added ram... [view my complete system specs]

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.." Alice in Wonderland. feelm

• Fri, Feb 6 2015 2:12 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,305

I can also see that the console seems to see 2 Matrox devices, maybe it´s an old bad uninstall , if you go to this location

( swedish )

TOMASMAC ▸ Bibliotek ▸ Application Support ▸ Avid ▸ AVX2_Plug-ins

you should only have one version of the Matrox plugin and not multiple ones, could you check

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Fri, Feb 6 2015 2:22 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,305

Also, do a search if you have the plugin installed someplace else

name is

OpenIO_Matrox.acf

Tomas 

• Fri, Feb 6 2015 2:30 PM In reply to

SORRY YES.. There is the OpenIO_Matrox.acf file here..

plugin

But OpenIO_Matrox is listed in many or my earier CRASH REPORTS

Thanks for explaining the difference between the 185X and noX

• Fri, Feb 6 2015 2:53 PM In reply to

I cant find any others OpenIO_Matrox.acf installed..

Have asked Matrox support where it might be located.

• Fri, Feb 6 2015 3:33 PM In reply to

I am trying these steps.. looking thru manual uninstall instructions. Might be something installed for Finall Cut Pro?

http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=10261&sid=d3b0b57962a645773404bc7cc401af52

• Fri, Feb 6 2015 4:23 PM In reply to

and I got a segmentation error as well,,

Vlad at Matrox Supprt just uninstalled all Possible Matrox software from computer and reinstalled a "new build" Matrox 4.3 application.

I also did a Disk Utility permissions repair.

ITS STILL HAPPENING . . . ;(

• Fri, Feb 6 2015 4:57 PM In reply to

You get the idea.. It hang city over here!

I now have my Mac Tech Gavin on Team Viewer.. to see if it might be my new 12 core MacPro misbehaving..

at this point anything is possible!

It feels like the Avid is always trying to catch up..

console :4:51pm

• Fri, Feb 6 2015 7:29 PM In reply to

Hi,

Can anyone tell from these console reports what is actually going on? I assume thats what they are there for?

Aplle Mac support changed some settings in the Spotlite application as it may have been trying to index everything.

My MXF files are not on my boot drive so ... ?

So I guess the solution of the 8 vs 10 bit files had nothing to do with it... that didnt make sense to me anyway!

And how do I check to see if my  AVCHD plug-in is installed/up to date)

Ive never installed anything that didnt come with the AVID installer.

So... All I can do is to continue to try and process and organize all the media I am receiving and hope the TimeOut Error

at least lets me finish more per hour tomorrow. Today it took me 7 hours to do what should have taken me 3 hours.

• Fri, Feb 6 2015 7:47 PM In reply to

Another suggestion someone had:

After installing Avid
    Remove the file "OpenIO_VirtIO.acf" 
    Go to Applications \ Avid Media Composer \ and then right click on the app AvidMediaComposer and select "Show Package Contents." 
    Then go into SharedSupport \ AVX2_Plug-ins \ and remove the file OpenIO_VirtIO.acf 

Is this worth trying???

• Sat, Feb 7 2015 12:04 PM In reply to

Hi, Its SAT and I am UNABLE TO WORK.   Will PAY SUPPORT if I have to? I had to bring in 1.5TBs of footage last night. It is on my drives, but haven't even imported it into the project yet! Spinning balls as soon as I boot up. Also took forever to load my settings. Then once the project finally opens... As soon as I click on a clip to view it, I get a spinning ball before it loads.. then a Execute:TIMEOUT ERROR. The Matrox is unplugged, no power to it. Viewing screen OFF. I have trashed my settings and all the media data bases. So all new. The orig media MXFs are split up over 2 drives.... Drives 2 and 4.  17gbs free space on Drive 2 and 42gbs on Drive 4 The Titles, Mixdowns, transcodes, motion FX are set to do to Drive 1 My Mac Hardrive (SSD-Boot) has available 303gbs so there can't be a problem with the system running. I have my crash reports and console from today .. simply more of the same. I am going to try uninstalling and reinstalling AVID now. I am running AVID MC 8.03  All the files are 1080/25 DNx185x. Is it that my system isn't powerful enough to run this project? At this resolution? I checked before I started and the Post House my producer had me speak to for supprt said my set up would be fine. I attach my system specs. I will lose this job if I can't get my system up and running. So I hope I can get some support where someone sees it thru with me till the end. Please Advise...  This is just beyond painfull. Tracy

• Sat, Feb 7 2015 12:40 PM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 9 2006
    • New York
    • Posts 677
    • Points 7,975

Hey Tracy,

Check your Inbox, keep me posted.

ijterronez.com | Demo ReelTwitter | Instagram | Vimeo

NY-based. Available for editing and post-production workflow consultation - https://www.ijterronez.com/contact/

• Sat, Feb 7 2015 8:32 PM In reply to

From Isaquito

Hey Tracy,
    Isaac here. Been in edits all week.
    Went back to your threads on the Avid forum. That Console output means you don't have enough SUSTAINED system throughput. In other words, your media drive isn't fast enough.
    Here's the next thing to try:
    1. Configure two of your internal Velociraptor HD's into a RAID0 set. (Back anything up first. Making a RAID wipes out the data.)
    2. Run DST on the new RAID. What does it tell you?
    3. Import some footage and try again. Make sure they're imported DNxHD assets, not AMA linked stuff in the timeline.
    References:
    Read points 2 & 3 - http://www.videoguys.com/Guide/E/Videoguys+NLE+Video+Storage+FAQ/0xc0dc681654a5dba55ca08f303a6c38df.aspx PS - this thread's also worth reading:
    http://community.avid.com/forums/p/100103/576743.aspx#576743
    Again, SUSTAINED throughput.

Page 3 of 9 (121 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller