Latest post Fri, Jan 30 2015 7:33 PM by stevecohen. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 29 2015 8:00 PM

media analysis tool for AMA link failures

Due to my support experiences of the last few months I would like to make the following feature/feedback/support request. I’m thinking there is the need of a media analysis tool that produces logs beyond what the console reports in case of AMA link failures. These logs can:

1. be used by the customer to see which aspect of the media causes the failure so he/she knows what conversion, whether just metadata or also media essence,specific streams, audio, video, timecode, needs to be performed

2. be send to Avid for analysis, instead of having to request support for an ftp upload invitation or sending the media through wetransfer and then having to wait for that support engineer to reproduce, forward the result and media internally to second line support/development, test again and to report back.

Of course utilities like mediainfo also help but the puzzle in case of AMA trouble is getting more and more complex. I'm thinking of a more structured approach where the customer can provide more info to make the whole analysis process more easy. A more organized approach like the ASDT tools often used when interplay components are involved.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Fri, Jan 30 2015 7:21 PM In reply to

Re: media analysis tool for AMA link failures

+1

Good idea.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Fri, Jan 30 2015 7:33 PM In reply to

• stevecohen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 3 2006
    • Venice, California
    • Posts 499
    • Points 5,520

Re: media analysis tool for AMA link failures

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller