Latest post Fri, Jan 15 2016 4:20 PM by RalphC. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 29 2015 6:44 AM

Selling one of my Licenses - How to?

I own several Avid Licenses. Actually more than I need, so I was planning on selling some.

These Licenses are bound to my Avid Master account. Can I transfer one to a separate account

and give this account to the new owner? What steps do I need to take, if I want to sell one of these licenses?

I'd appreciate some quick help on this, because I might also upgrade before selling the license ;)

Imac 27" 3,4ghz Core i7 Mac Pro 3,2ghz 8-core Harpertown Macbook Pro 2,2ghz Core i7 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Thu, Jan 29 2015 7:41 AM In reply to

Re: Selling one of my Licenses - How to?

This page has instructions for how to transfer a license:

http://www.avid.com/US/support/transfer/video

However, it says it doesn't apply to Europe, and you should contact your local Avid office.  There's a list of them here:

http://www.avid.com/US/about-avid/office-locations

I hope at least some of that is helpful.

Media Composer 2018.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Feb 17 2015 3:35 AM In reply to

• joshdvx
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 551
    • Points 6,640

Does anyone know the current transfer fee is?  All those website links and URL's on the site say (see below) but there's nothing below.

Interested in learning Media Composer? In NYC? I teach Media Composer classes tailored for reality tv assistant editors. http://joshluddeni.com [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 17 2015 11:38 AM In reply to

My local Avid reseller (where I bought my updates) has informed me that the

licence transfer for media composer is free of charge.

I have currently 2 licenses for sale by the way ;)

http://www.ebay.de/itm/231477792541?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Imac 27" 3,4ghz Core i7 Mac Pro 3,2ghz 8-core Harpertown Macbook Pro 2,2ghz Core i7 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 17 2015 11:58 AM In reply to

Constantin von Seld:

My local Avid reseller (where I bought my updates) has informed me that the

licence transfer for media composer is free of charge.

I have currently 2 licenses for sale by the way ;)

http://www.ebay.de/itm/231477792541?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

We're in a similar position. When we collected all the dongles we had to make sure they were all on support we had more than I expected. (some where quite old...) So I have 3 or more that potentially I may sell as well.

I was quoted £80 for transfer but then didn't need to do that. So worth checking beforehand.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Wed, Jan 13 2016 11:02 AM In reply to

• haukez
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 120
    • Points 1,545

Hi all,

I have the same Question. So is there a fee or not? How is the proper way to hand my Licence to another owner? Just give him the credentials to my master account (and the donge of course), and he changes all informations, or how? I'm not shure.

Thanks!

Filed under: , ,
  • Thu, Jan 14 2016 4:31 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,762
    • Points 19,420
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hello haukez,

haukez:
    I have the same Question. So is there a fee or not? How is the proper way to hand my Licence to another owner? Just give him the credentials to my master account (and the donge of course), and he changes all informations, or how? I'm not shure.

The process you need to follow are here, for the fee let me check this for you, post back.

Regards,

Ralph

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 14 2016 4:38 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,323
    • Points 60,085
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Constantin von Seld:

Please note that posting this link is a violation of the terms and conditions of the forum. You may post questions about the process, but you cannot post links to or information about selling copies here. There are other places for that. You wil have to remove the above. Thanks for your cooperation. -- Adman

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC Ultimate 2018.10.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 14 2016 4:48 PM In reply to

Adman:

Constantin von Seld:

Please note that posting this link is a violation of the terms and conditions of the forum. You may post questions about the process, but you cannot post links to or information about selling copies here. There are other places for that. You wil have to remove the above. Thanks for your cooperation. -- Adman

That post is nearly a year old.

Media Composer 2018.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Jan 14 2016 6:15 PM In reply to

• haukez
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 120
    • Points 1,545

RalphC:

The process you need to follow are here, for the fee let me check this for you, post back.

Regards,

Ralph

Thank you Ralph! Much appreciated.

• Thu, Jan 14 2016 8:45 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 1,762
    • Points 19,420
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hello haukez,

We're in the middle of updating the process, send me pm so I can alert you once it's updated. (click Contact to send me email).

Regards,

Ralph

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 15 2016 2:18 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 1,762
    • Points 19,420
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hello haukez,

Do you want to transfer ownership now?

Regards,

Ralph

• Fri, Jan 15 2016 4:14 PM In reply to

• haukez
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 120
    • Points 1,545

Not yet, but maybe next week. I can let you know? Thanks for your Support by the way.

• Fri, Jan 15 2016 4:20 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 1,762
    • Points 19,420
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

No worries, by then the new KB might be up and running, you can also send me a pm.

Regards,
    Ralph

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller