Latest post Mon, Oct 19 2015 3:56 AM by pretzelcuatl. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 14 2015 4:33 PM

MC and audio output from Blackmagic Decklink Mini Monitor

Hello everyone

I just purchased and installed a Blackmagic Decklink Mini Monitor video card to work with MC 8.1. Video output is fine but since the card only has an HDMI and an SDI output, I only get audio from these, no audio from my sound card. It also seems there's no alternative option on the Audio Project > Hardware menu tab other than Blackmagic. Is there something I'm missing here? Why is audio output only available from my Blackmagic sources and not my speakers?

• Thu, Jan 15 2015 12:08 PM In reply to

• Az Kola
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 16 2011
    • London, UK
    • Posts 275
    • Points 3,280

Re: MC and audio output from Blackmagic Decklink Mini Monitor

Blackmagic will take priorities because you can output video and audio via the Blackmagic Card and that is the way Avid works, this is not very practical but you could get audio out from HDMI or SDI depending which output will be available as one of the outputs will be used for the extermal monitor.

SDI or HDMI will need an audio de-embedder which will allow you to send the audio to your speakers.

But if anyone has used this might be able to help further

http://www.flickr.com/photos/azemkola [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 15 2015 12:30 PM In reply to

• David Clarke
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 13 2010
    • Brighton, Sussex, UK
    • Posts 240
    • Points 3,270

What I do is to plug some decent speakers into the headphone socket of my TV so the sound and picture go down the HDMI and out through the TV headphone socket to speakers.  Another alternative would send the picture to an amplifier with HDMI in, and the TV takes the output of the amp.

Laptop - Haswell desktop processor, 16GB RAM, 970m NVidia graphic card. Desktop - 2011 pin Haswell-E processor, 16GB RAM, Thunderbolt, Blackmagic UltraStudio... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 19 2015 3:56 AM In reply to

I asked Black Magic about this before purchasing the card, and they said I could send audio output to my USB Mbox by just selecting it in System Preferences.  But I haven't been able to get the card to work, period.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller