Latest post Sat, Jan 10 2015 6:27 PM by Rohan. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jan 10 2015 7:23 AM

• Rohan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 31 2013
    • Miami
    • Posts 19
    • Points 230

Avid AAF in Pluraleyes not working

I'm trying to synch camera and external audio in a timeline exported from Avid using Pluraleyes. I exported an AAF the way the Redgiant software company descibed in their tutorial but when I import the AAF into Pluraleyes it says my videos have no audio tracks. I imported the .mov and the .wav files from my external audio straight into pluraleyes with no problem.  But going through the Avid AAF way it doesn't work....

I'm going to start synching manually but I would still appreciate an explanation for this. 

Hp Zbook G3 17in - Intel 6820HQ Core i7 2.8ghz-3.7ghz Nvidia Quadro M5000M 8gb Vram 8gb Ram 256gb Z turbo SSD 2011 iMac 27in Quad core i7 3.4 Ghz 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jan 10 2015 2:00 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,364
    • Points 16,825

Re: Avid AAF in Pluraleyes not working

Double-check your settings first. Are you certain you had all your audio tracks selected in the Avid sequence when you AAF exported?  Did you select "include all" audio and video and "link to" chosen in the AAF export dialogue?

• Sat, Jan 10 2015 4:38 PM In reply to

• Rohan
    • Not Ranked
    • Miami
    • Posts 19
    • Points 230

I can actually see the audio tracks for my video footage in Pluraleyes.  The clips for my external audio show up as well and are ready to synch so I definitely have A1 selected... Redgiant software has a tutorial videos of how to rectify this issue. I followed their instructions closely, so yes I'm sure my settings were right.

Hp Zbook G3 17in - Intel 6820HQ Core i7 2.8ghz-3.7ghz Nvidia Quadro M5000M 8gb Vram 8gb Ram 256gb Z turbo SSD 2011 iMac 27in Quad core i7 3.4 Ghz 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jan 10 2015 5:56 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,364
    • Points 16,825

Is this the tutorial you are using?  http://www.redgiant.com/videos/getting-started/item/354/

Corresponding to the instructions on this page? http://www.redgiant.com/docs/doc-on/pluraleyes/import_projects.php

(I'm asking because your information is somewhat ambiguous.)

The only thing I do differently is to mark my sequence in -> out and I do tick the "use marks" and "use enabled tracks" options in the aaf export dialogue.

If you're already doing these things, I don't have much more to offer.  It works well for me if that's any encouragement.

• Sat, Jan 10 2015 6:27 PM In reply to

• Rohan
    • Not Ranked
    • Miami
    • Posts 19
    • Points 230

http://www.redgiant.com/docs/doc-on/pluraleyes/import_error.php

The tutorial above explains what to do if you run into the problem I am having. I followed it but it didnt work for me. Pluraleyes still says "no audio tracks" when I import the AAF. Maybe its something wrong on my end... Anyway I synched up all my clips manually overnight using in-points and the Autosych function so the job is done.

Ill take slating a lot more seriously now! lol Thanks for your help anyways smrpix.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller