Latest post Wed, Feb 18 2015 12:07 PM by goncalo. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 12 2014 11:30 AM

• mediamarc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 12 2014
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

Avid 7.04 - Blackmagic & Yosemite 10.10.1 - Batch Capture problem

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody would have a solution to a problem which I am encountering.

I have media composer 7.4 installed on mac, with blackmagic ultrastudio 3D & an AJA GEN 10 sync generator. My avid was fully functional, batch capturing HDCAM dnx185 on my previous OS, however since a recent installation to Yosemite I am getting an error message:

Halted on clip "castle.new01

Exception: Videl Signal present but not captured.

I sometimes also get another message with the same heading, though also say, "failed to find coincidence point on tape".

I had to make the upgrade to Yosemite, as I purchased a g-drive studio. Unfrotunately my Imac would only see the new drive with the new apple OS Yosemite installed - frustrating - I know !

I installed the blackmagic box drivers and avid appeared to be functioning fine. I am able to digitise tapes and tapeless media and avid is performing well in edit mode also. However i cannot batch capture from tapes.

Avid is seeing an SDI signal, and I can digitise from tapes fine.

Does anybody have any suggestions that may aid this problem?

• Fri, Dec 12 2014 7:01 PM In reply to

Re: Avid 7.04 - Blackmagic & Yosemite 10.10.1 - Batch Capture problem

Two solutions...

1) pgrade to Media Composer 8.2. It's the only version compatible with Yosemite.  The version you have isn't supported, and might not function properly, as you noticed.  Don't upgrade the OS if you use Media Composer to make a living, until Avid gives it's blessing on what version is compatible with what. Because issues like the one you are facing might occur. So if you absolutely must have Yosemite, then you should upgrade to MC 8.2.

2) Go back to the OS you previously had installed, and use a different hard drive setup.  This might mean a full erase and reinstall...unless you cloned your OS before you upgraded. I know this advice might come a little late, but before you upgrade your current working OS to a newer one...clone it. Carbon Copy Cloner does this.  Clone your working OS so incase something doesn't work when up upgrade, you can always go back just by cloning it back, instead of needing to backup files, wipe the drive, and install the older OS and all your applications from scratch.

Unless someone has some simple solution and can say "Oh, you forgot to set up your deck preferences thusly," or "you need to check off this Avid preference."  

• Tue, Feb 17 2015 4:21 PM In reply to

• Postpesci
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 31 2015
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

In the CAPTURE TOOL window change the VIDEO BOX to NONE (instead of BLACKMAGIC). Keep only the AUDIO BOX setted to BLACKMAGIC. You want encounter preroll problems anymore and you will see you will capture without any problems.

Let me know if it worked.

I guess it's a BM drivers bug with Avid.

I've used the latest BM drivers with AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 8.3 (on maverick os) and I've been able to capture and batchcapture without any problem thanks to this "trick". Geeked

Adriano

• Wed, Feb 18 2015 12:07 PM In reply to

• goncalo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 9
    • Points 75

Hi Adriano

This trick didn't work with MC8.2 on Maverick.

We are having the same issue here with MC8.2 on Mavericks using BM software 10.3.4. Tried also with MC 8.2.2 and BM 10.3.7 with the same result. Cannot go to MC 8.3 because our system is connected to an Interplay system.

Hint: Tried with AJA ExpressI/O and worked at first, without any genlock, prerolls or whatever. Works welll with both MC 8.2 and 8.2.2. I'll try to contact AVID Support and BM support on this.

Best regards

Gonçalo

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller