Latest post Tue, Nov 18 2014 11:52 PM by Robert A. Ober. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 17 2014 7:18 PM

• chris163
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 5 2012
    • Posts 9
    • Points 85

Cannot Transcode or Import H264 .movs - multiple errors

Hi, 

I recently updated to Avid MC 7 after I had my logic board replaced in my macbook.  I am running osx 10.7.5 which is supported.  I installed MC 7.0.4.1 and have not been able to use it. 

I am shooting with Canon 5d and have h264 .movs.  I can view them with AMA just fine, but I am having a lot of trouble trying to bring them in.  When I transcode, the first clip typicall works and then all the other fail afterwards.  They say WRONG FORMAT on the viewer and I can hear the audio from the clip. 

I have been getting a variety of errors and crashing the program.  

One error  is  NEMFileWriter has detected upstream pipe stall

I've tried unistalling and re-intalling a view times and deleted Perian from the system.  

Any ideas?  MC7 is compleletly useless to me like this.  

Filed under: , , , , ,
  • Mon, Nov 17 2014 7:40 PM In reply to

• chris163
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 85

Re: Cannot Transcode or Import H264 .movs - multiple errors

Also getting the error, Could Not Create qtwrapper when I try to import.  Any ideas?

• Mon, Nov 17 2014 11:38 PM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,520
    • Points 64,055
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Confirm that you have the proper AMA plugins and try setting the clip options manually in case auto-detect is getting confused.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Tue, Nov 18 2014 12:17 AM In reply to

• chris163
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 85

I still get errors when I manually select the clip options.  I have tried downloading the AMA plugins for .mov, but everywhere on the site says the .mov plugin comes with the software and I can't find anywhere to download it outside of the program.  

• Tue, Nov 18 2014 3:32 AM In reply to

• chris163
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 85

I don't understand why the first clip will transcode fine and then I no more clips will work.  If I try to batch or even if I do it one clip at a time.  

• Tue, Nov 18 2014 3:37 AM In reply to

• chris163
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 85

I'm also getting this error - Exception: AMAProducerTask::Exedute: AMA Plug-In Unable to Provide Sample.  

• Tue, Nov 18 2014 11:52 PM In reply to

As a workaround you folks may want to transcode in Resolve to DNXHD145 or whatever, aaf that to Avid,  and then relink (although the quality difference is likely negligible) in Resolve to the originals depending on your deliverabiles,etc.

I'm no ones employee but I think a lot these problems would go away if folks would start in Resolve.  Don't forget the checkmark for create Reel names.  Search the net and you will find different ideas on the Reel names/Tape names issue so test your workflow.

Good Luck,

Robert

MacBook Pro Late 2013 2.6 ghz I7/16gb RAM/GT 750M/1TB PCIe SSD & MacPro Early 2009 24GB/GTX1080Ti/HIT2TB/WD650/WD1TB/ProAvio Scary RAID External. [view my complete system specs]

Robert A. Ober
    IT Consultant, Vidcaster, & Freelance Preditor(Producer/Editor)
    www.infohou.com
    Houston, TX

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller