Latest post Mon, Jan 5 2015 9:48 AM by CraigWilson1969. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 7 2014 9:29 PM

• Jenksand
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 26 2012
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Auto creating Advanced Sequences in Interplay From iNews

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review this idea.  I am interested in the possibility of creating advanced sequences within Interplay using the API.  To be clear, this is not a basic sequence as interpreted by UX, but an advanced sequence as distinguished by UX.  We already use automation to create empty avid sequences in Interplay for use in Media Composer in other workflows, but are new to the UX environment.  As a brief test I created a new default sequence in Media Composer, left it empty and checked it into Interplay.  I was able to pick it up in UX and add clips into the timeline etc, however it was recognised as a basic sequence, and not an advanced sequence which has the edit functions available that we need.  Ultimately we would like to be able to create some automation for sequence creation that links iNews created stories with UX interplay sequences.  The idea being that a journalist can create a story in iNews and it will a) auto-populate the video ID field, and then b) create an advanced sequence in Interplay which carries the video ID.  The intention is for users to begin work in iNews, writing a script/narration etc, and move to Interplay to pick up their story sequence which has been pre-created.  Is there an option in the API to distinguish between the basic and advanced sequence creation, or even a way to promote a basic sequence to advanced?

Any thoughts??

• Tue, Nov 11 2014 3:35 PM In reply to

• robg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Tewksbury, MA
    • Posts 494
    • Points 5,605
    • Avid Developer Moderator
      Avid Employee

Re: Auto creating Advanced Sequences in Interplay From iNews

Jenksand,

I discussed this with our developers and, unfortunately, this functionality is not currently available in the Media Central APIs.

However, you should take a look at the existing Interplay Production Web Service and iNEWS APIs to see the available functionality.

You can read about these APIs here:

http://www.avid.com/static/resources/documents/whitepapers/whitepaper_interplay_pammam_us.pdf

https://www.avid.com/static/resources/common/documents/iNEWS_Whitepaper.pdf

- Rob

• Tue, Nov 11 2014 5:44 PM In reply to

• Jenksand
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 26 2012
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Okay cool thanks.  Appreciate you taking the time to check it out.

Andy.

• Mon, Jan 5 2015 9:48 AM In reply to

Hi Jenksand,

I know this is a bit late after your original post, but if you were to use UX to create the story in inews then you can automatically create an advanced sequence which you could record a vo to. so the workflow would be this.

As a user go to your user settings in Central. this is via the Home button at the top left hand side of the page. Select the iNEWS option and tick the box for autoload sequence.

In Central, with an advanced licence, ensure that the sequence panel is displayed and create a story in your iNEWS running order. This will automatically link the story to a blank timeline. Record your voiceover direct to the timeline using the vo tools (and/or do any roughcut editing). Save the sequence and this will check it into Interplay. It needs to have some content in it to check in.

If you then open the sequence in Media Composer it will have multiple audio tracks. 

I know this isn't exactly what you are after but it may give you another option.

Regards

Craig

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller