Latest post Thu, Nov 6 2014 9:20 PM by Kevin Klimek. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 5 2014 3:31 PM

• Junglijay
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 5 2014
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

MC 8.2 crashes

Hi, I downloaded avid media composer 8.2 trial version and installed it. Each time that I open the application it crashes. I am unable to access it at all. The window shows that the application is loading and at the bottom grey colour bar it says .. initialize AVX2 Host and then it just disappears. The popping Icon on my doc, goes back to position. I'm using a mac os 10.9.5 maveric 2.66 Ghz intel core i7 ..4 gb 1067 mhz DDR3

I need to access avid at the earliest. Please help.

• Wed, Nov 5 2014 3:37 PM In reply to

Re: MC 8.2 crashes

I would first try a reinstall...and don't uninstall first.

If it continues to fail at the AVX plugin area, I would pull all of your plugins out of the /Library/Application Support/Avid/AVX_2 Plugins folder (put them on the desktop) and see if it launches.  Then you might add some back in groups to see if there's a conflict in some plugin you have.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, Nov 5 2014 3:54 PM In reply to

• Junglijay
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Thanks Kevin, unfortunately I have tried the reinstall option as well as the uninstall one. I did try your tip but it closes even quicker without the plugins. I do not have customer support service, it is on a paid contract i believe. Anyways, was wondering if i could download an earlier version of avid?

Thanks

Jay

• Wed, Nov 5 2014 4:17 PM In reply to

You would need to have an Avid master account to have access to the Download Center, which has previous versions available, and I believe an 8.2 license will work on v7 as well.

But from a trial standpoint, only the most recent version is available.

You could always buy a one month subscription to get access to technical support to get you up and running.

Otherwise, try contacting Customer Advocate Marianna and see if she can get you an earlier version of the software as a trial.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, Nov 5 2014 4:40 PM In reply to

• Junglijay
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Thanks Kevin, I do have a master account. Will try downloading an earlier version.

• Thu, Nov 6 2014 7:43 PM In reply to

• Pol
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Belgium
    • Posts 203
    • Points 2,630

I had the same problem. Strangely it was because my system was behind a firewall. Disconnect from internet and try again.

• Thu, Nov 6 2014 8:34 PM In reply to

• Junglijay
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Thanks Pol, unfortunately it yet does not work. Tried it with earlier versions of avid too. No luck. I may have to give up on avid.

• Thu, Nov 6 2014 9:20 PM In reply to

Did I read your specs right and you only have 4GB of RAM?  That's certainly on the low side, especially for v8.

When you tried v7 did it crash at the same spot while launching?

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller