Latest post Tue, Oct 21 2014 7:19 PM by heyshorteh. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 21 2014 7:19 PM

• heyshorteh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 10 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Unable to export/ transfer file from Avid

We received a new episode for one of our rolling deliveries programs, and I’m finding this episode to be a bit of a pain. To put simply I can’t figure out why this file is causing so many issues.

To explain: The file we received is a 1hour piece of content program that is XDCAM HD 50Mbits (1080i/59.94), 24 Audio Bit Depth, and came with Stereo and M+E.

It can be linked by AMA and consolidated into Avid or it can be imported into the system with no problems. It plays out fine and there is no clear issue with the audio or video. However, whenever I try to export, or transfer this file (transfer to our Broadcast server). The file crashes out and won’t work. I’ve tried three different methods to try to fix this issue: exporting from Avid (same as source), transferring to the server from Avid, and transferring from the original material to the Broadcast FTP. None of these attempts have been successful.

I’ve also tried re-downloading the file (it was delivered through a Signiant Media account) with no luck.

Update: I also had the distributor re-export/ re-upload the file (although I’m not 100% sure it wasn’t just a re-upload) to see if there was some kind of corruption in the file. The new file is indicial in size and is still not working through the previously mentioned methods of moving the file to our Broadcast server.

Please note while this was posted in the Avid Media Composer PC forum I have used both a MAC and PC to try to solve this issue (I didn’t want to double-post this twice).

Any suggestions on how to fix this? 

I've also attached a screenshot of the error mesage

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller