Latest post Thu, Apr 23 2015 12:27 PM by o_donohue. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 16 2014 7:17 AM

Sorenson Squeeze 9 Lite activation

I have a permanent licence of Avid MC 8, which includes a lite version of Sorenson Squeeze.

When I'm trying to activate Sqeeze via Application Manager (using my Avid MC System ID and Activation ID) I get the following message:

Fail Activation: - Product name is not defined.

-Feature name is not defined.

-Product Version is not defined. Anyone had the same problem?  Thanks Pawel
    Filed under: , , ,
  • Tue, Oct 21 2014 7:35 PM In reply to

• timbaille
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 18 2006
    • United Kingdom
    • Posts 32
    • Points 375

Re: Sorenson Squeeze 9 Lite activation

You got further than I did - I'm still looking for an Activation ID Any thoughts ?

Model Name: 2 x Macbook pro 2.25 ghz 4 gb ram imac dual 2.25 and 4gig ram all running snow leopard and avid 5.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 21 2014 7:49 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,128
    • Points 106,210
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hmm

Sorenson Squeeze Pro 9.0.3 - Free 30 day triai is what comes with 8.x perpetual license 

That product comes with 

NewBlueFX Titler Pro v1 - Runs with Media Composer | Software – No Serial Number required

Sorenson Squeeze Pro 9.0.3 - Free 30 day trial

Zotope Insight - Free 30 day trial 

what did you buy exactly?

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Thu, Dec 11 2014 11:00 PM In reply to

• Erlend Palm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 13 2012
    • London
    • Posts 22
    • Points 330

I'm using a dongle with Avid | Software 8.2, activated with the support plan, and I'm getting the same error. I've installed Sorenson Lite with the Application Manager, but it's still asking me to activate it when I launch it, and using the AMC acivation code gives me the same error message Pawel was getting. Any ideas?

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 (dongle license) CUSTOM WORKSTATION: Intel Core i7 3930K Asus ROG Rampage IV Extreme 64GB (8x8GB)1866MHz RAM 2x240GB SSD + 1x3TB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 22 2014 9:16 PM In reply to

• mattess
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 10 2014
    • Posts 10
    • Points 80

Thats my problem too! Sorenson Squeeze 9 Lite is not activated neither ONLINE nor OFFLINE.

The Activation ID for my AVID MC 8 is the same Activation ID for Sorensen Squezze 9 Lite?

Thanks in advance,

Matthias

• Mon, Dec 22 2014 9:47 PM In reply to

I suggest you contact support on this one.

Marianna

• Tue, Dec 23 2014 11:01 PM In reply to

• Erlend Palm
    • Not Ranked
    • London
    • Posts 22
    • Points 330

Easier said than done.

Would you be able to inform me whether I'm at least doing the right thing here?

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 (dongle license) CUSTOM WORKSTATION: Intel Core i7 3930K Asus ROG Rampage IV Extreme 64GB (8x8GB)1866MHz RAM 2x240GB SSD + 1x3TB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 24 2014 12:38 AM In reply to

If you're using a dongle, that implies a perpetual license.  If I understand correctly, if you have a perpetual license, you are offered a 30-day TRIAL of Squeeze Lite, not a permanent version.

Sorenson's Avid Upgrade page describes the options:

http://www2.sorensonmedia.com/avid-upgrades

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.11.6, Avid Media Composer 8.8.1, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2 GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 26 2014 3:16 PM In reply to

• chumpster
    • Not Ranked
    • Edinburgh
    • Posts 63
    • Points 735

Hi,

The lite version is supposed to be incuded as part of the subscription package.  Sorenson Squeeze 9 Lite appears in my list of apps in the Application Manager, and it tells me it's current.  But if I go to licensing in the application manager, it asks me for an Activation ID.

Here's what the advertising blurb at http://www.avid.com/US/products/media-composer/features says:

With Sorenson Squeeze Lite included in Media Composer subscriptions (or get the full Sorenson Squeeze in the Media Composer | Production Pack), you can optimize media for the highest-quality playback—online or on disc. Prepare and optimize content in a variety of formats (including HD, DVD, MPEG-2, MPEG-4/H.264, Flash, and 3GPP).

Cheers,
    Christopher

• Sat, Jan 3 2015 10:53 AM In reply to

• JakedogNZ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 14 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Same here, says its' "current" .. Wont load up.. wont do anything.

Anyone got any further with it?

Now my old key for Squeeze 8 wont work.. now i dont have sorenson sqeeze.

• Sat, Jan 3 2015 4:57 PM In reply to

• mattess
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 10
    • Points 80

chumpster:

Hi,

The lite version is supposed to be incuded as part of the subscription package.  Sorenson Squeeze 9 Lite appears in my list of apps in the Application Manager, and it tells me it's current.  But if I go to licensing in the application manager, it asks me for an Activation ID.

In fact, that´s the question! What should we do to activate Sorenson Squeeze Lite 9? Where do we get the right Activation ID. It seems to be not the same for the Media Composer. If I use this I get the above error message:

Fail Activation: - Product name is not defined.

- Feature name is not defined.

- Product Version name is not defined

@Marianna, should I really contact the support in this case or is it a system failure? Is it right that Squeeze 9 Lite is included.

Thanks,

Matthias

• Mon, Feb 23 2015 9:33 AM In reply to

• mattess
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 10
    • Points 80

• Mon, Feb 23 2015 12:49 PM In reply to

• Erlend Palm
    • Not Ranked
    • London
    • Posts 22
    • Points 330

I got in touch with customer services who explained to me that perpetual licenses don't in fact come with Sorenson Squeeze Lite. ...which is disappointing, but at least I can stop trying to get it to work and just use MPEG Streamclip (or Sorenson 8).

• Mon, Feb 23 2015 3:13 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,128
    • Points 106,210
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Perpetual comes with a trial whereas the more expensive subscription comes with Lite.

There are also options to upgrade to the most recent.

sorenson has an upgrade from 8.5 to 9 for I think $399 which is a good deal but the best deal is the Production Pack with comes with Squeeze, Insight Izotope and new blue  Titler Pro 2.

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Wed, Apr 22 2015 7:42 PM In reply to

• o_donohue
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 5 2005
    • Posts 34
    • Points 440

Hi Marianna,

I upgraded Sorenson Squeeze and encountered the same problem, which is a pain 'cause I had been using Sorenson for some time now without any issues at all.

Does that mean that I have to either 1) upgrade to a more expensive subscription, whatever that means, or 2) purchase Sorenson Squeeze? Or could I simply downgrade to an older version, e.g. the one that I was using?

Just to be clear: it does say on the site, in the Media Composer features, that Squeeze Lite is included. Also, it is somewhat misleading that multiple version of the software appear in the Avid Application manager, inviting the user to upgrade without taking into account the user's type of subscription (again, whatever that means).

All that being said, if I do have access to Squeeze Lite after all, how and where would I find my activation key? Would it be the same as for Avid MC?

...As usual, upgrading is a mess. And wrecking havoc with looming deadlines. Not cool.

Thanks.

Olivier Donohue

PS: should I simply contact customer support?!

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller