Latest post Tue, Dec 29 2015 7:20 PM by jbe. 18 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 29 2015 2:02 AM In reply to

• jbe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 25 2015
    • Posts 11
    • Points 120

Re: Question regarding Academic Licenses

Hello Marianna,

I bought my academic license of Avid Media Composer (version 7 - Interplay Edition) in early May 2014. Currently, I am getting upgrades and I have the latest version (8.4.4). However, the Avid Application Manager says my support and upgrade plan expires in 2016. How do I make sure I get the 4 years of upgrades, into 2018?

macOS 10.13.4 (High Sierra) | Application Manager 2018.4.3 | Media Composer 2018.4 | Pro Tools 2018.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 29 2015 4:28 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,797
    • Points 212,805
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

jbe:

Hello Marianna,

I bought my academic license of Avid Media Composer (version 7 - Interplay Edition) in early May 2014. Currently, I am getting upgrades and I have the latest version (8.4.4). However, the Avid Application Manager says my support and upgrade plan expires in 2016. How do I make sure I get the 4 years of upgrades, into 2018?

Hello Jbe,

Please provide me your Aivd master account, no need for the password. 

In order for me to check it. 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Tue, Dec 29 2015 4:32 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,797
    • Points 212,805
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

gegonz:

Hello Jbe,

Please provide me your Aivd master account, no need for the password. 

In order for me to check it. 

Gman

Make sure you create a case and tag this with IT-3755 so we can resolve long term.   jbe.... if you license is valid for the 4 years, gerald will assist you.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Tue, Dec 29 2015 7:20 PM In reply to

• jbe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 25 2015
    • Posts 11
    • Points 120

Thanks Marianna,

I've sumbitted the case in the Avid Support Center and have added the tag IT-3755 in the "Customer Internal Case Ref" section.

---

UPDATE [12-31-2015]:

I received the following response from Avid Customer Care:

"So unless you try to upgrade and wasn't able to then thats the time we will tag your case with IT-3755. As far as I know, eligibility for upgrades of Edu license type doesn't show on the application manager. It only show the support plan customers have which is good for a year, normally. So I would recommend you contact us if in case you attempted to upgrade but wasn't able to. We should be able to give you the upgrade if that's the case."

I am not sure I understand. Both in the Avid portal and on the application manager, it cleary says that my plan for upgrades and support will expire in 2016, when it should expire in 2018 as per the four years of upgrades. I sent them a screenshot of the application manager showing this. I also submitted proof of purchase of my Media Composer 7 (Interplay edition) when I created the support ticket. Can you please look into it? The case number is 02866555.

Thank you.

macOS 10.13.4 (High Sierra) | Application Manager 2018.4.3 | Media Composer 2018.4 | Pro Tools 2018.4 [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller