Latest post Wed, Nov 4 2015 6:00 PM by Fernando Sancho. 33 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (34 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 30 2014 7:32 PM

• JessKiwi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 9 2013
    • Posts 9
    • Points 145

AVC HIGH 422 Long Help AMA

Hey I am trying to AMA link footage from a sony PXW-X70 camera into the avid. I added the below plugin but it says that it does not work when I choose the xavc xdcam ama option when I do a ama link. If you look above this is the raw structure from the camera. 

This is the plugin I installed...

XAVC/XDCAM Plug-in for Avid (PDZK-MA2) 

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/pdzk-ma2

Please let me know how I can get this footage into avid and keep the 10 bit rate. Since this camera was just put on the market, does the ama plugin just need to be updated? Let me know or any other ideas how to get this to AMA into avid or Natively import these files into avid.

I am on a windows 8 and Running Avid 7.4.1. 

Thank you!

Filed under: , , ,
  • Tue, Sep 30 2014 10:23 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,361
    • Points 16,770

Re: AVC HIGH 422 Long Help AMA

Long story short, Sony hasn't provided the plug-in yet.  There is an extensive thread about it here:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/129508.aspx

• Wed, Oct 1 2014 4:16 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

smrpix:

Long story short, Sony hasn't provided the plug-in yet.  There is an extensive thread about it here:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/129508.aspx

Aidas posted about a payed plugin, with a trial option, in another thread, do a search, doesn´t seem to be any takers yet, maybe in this thread.

add  ...   found the post

We work closely with Sony on a range of AMA plugins for Media Composer.  Unfortunately, XAVC-s is not supported by the current batch of Sony AMA plugins.  We have found that the MediaReactor plugin from Drastic Technologies (http://www.drastic.tv/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58:mediareactorworkstation&catid=40&Itemid=80) is capable of decoding XAVC-s material in Media Composer.  There is a free trial avaialble from their website.

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Mon, Nov 3 2014 8:24 PM In reply to

• IanCook
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 3 2014
    • Posts 7
    • Points 120

The Sony AMA plugin with support for the new Long-GOP XAVC codecs was released a month or two ago but there is a bug that affects PXW-X70 clips (PXW-X180 clips link normally). We will be posting a patch for this within the next 7-10 days at www.sonycreativesoftware.com/pdzk-ma2.

Note that the other thread references XAVC-S, which is an .mp4-wrapped consumer variant of XAVC. This is slightly different from .mxf-wrapped XAVC-Long GOP and will not be supported by this patch.

Ian Cook

Sony Broadcast and Professional Services

• Tue, Nov 4 2014 2:13 AM In reply to

• jcmcnamee
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Brooklyn, NY
    • Posts 222
    • Points 2,390

Ian, will XAVC-S ever be supported via AMA? Or will we need to keep transcoding it in Premiere, Squeeze, or Compressor in order to use in avid?

Media Composer 2018.5 / OS 10.14.1 27" iMac [3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB] [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 4 2014 3:31 PM In reply to

• IanCook
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 120

it's under consideration but will not happen until all the professional XAVC codecs are properly implemented

• Tue, Nov 4 2014 5:25 PM In reply to

• ugo1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 13 2006
    • Italy
    • Posts 266
    • Points 3,700

IanCook:

it's under consideration but will not happen until all the professional XAVC codecs are properly implemented

You have a 4500 $ dollars camera named FDR-AX1 (which is all but not a consumer camera) and you are still considering it, incredible you are serious THIS camera came out a year ago. WHAT YOU MUST CONSIDER????? IT'S A MISTERY......

Ugo

Case: Phantek Enthoo Luxe, Motherboard: Asus Prime X299 deluxe, Cpu: Core i9-7900K,Ram: 32GB Ripjaws 4, GPU: Asus Nvidia 1080, Sound card: X-Fi Forte... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 4 2014 5:37 PM In reply to

• IanCook
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 120

This is not purely a Sony consideration but involves Avid's development schedule as well. XAVC-S is a consumer format and it is understandable that the professional mxf-wrapped XAVC codecs would be dealt with first. I will post an update here as soon as I have one. In the meantime our new Catalyst applications can transcode XAVC-S. Hope this helps..

• Tue, Nov 4 2014 5:39 PM In reply to

• ugo1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Italy
    • Posts 266
    • Points 3,700

IanCook:

This is not purely a Sony consideration but involves Avid's development schedule as well. XAVC-S is a consumer format and it is understandable that the professional mxf-wrapped XAVC codecs would be dealt with first. I will post an update here as soon as I have one. In the meantime our new Catalyst applications can transcode XAVC-S. Hope this helps..

NO avcx-s is on a PROFESSINAL CAMERA NAMED FDR-AX1!!!! STOP

Case: Phantek Enthoo Luxe, Motherboard: Asus Prime X299 deluxe, Cpu: Core i9-7900K,Ram: 32GB Ripjaws 4, GPU: Asus Nvidia 1080, Sound card: X-Fi Forte... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 4 2014 5:44 PM In reply to

• ugo1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Italy
    • Posts 266
    • Points 3,700

IanCook:

Catalyst CAN'T do batch trasncode how transcode one hundred clips or I must pay 300 $ for have this feature. With the same money a can buy an entire new NLE ....

Also Catalyst Browser and Prepare transcode the sound of the FDR-AX100 into 7.1 tracks so it's a no way. Catalyst browser CAN'T trascode to avid codec

anyway the classic blame game , happy that also in US this game is the popular ones...

Ugo

• Tue, Nov 4 2014 5:52 PM In reply to

• IanCook
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 120

Prepare has a free two week trial. Also I am working to get batch transcode put back into Browse. It was taken out at the last minute due to a development issue.

• Tue, Nov 4 2014 6:21 PM In reply to

• ugo1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Italy
    • Posts 266
    • Points 3,700

IanCook:

Prepare has a free two week trial. Also I am working to get batch transcode put back into Browse. It was taken out at the last minute due to a development issue.

Catalyst browse

what about avid codec support and correct sound transcode? I actually transcode xavc-s into xavc and after import via ama plug-ins, but  the pcm 2 channel in transcoded to an 8 sound tracks?

Ugo

• Tue, Nov 4 2014 6:32 PM In reply to

• IanCook
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 120

Prepare can transcode to DNx.

XAVC-I is, like XDCAM HD422, an 8-channel format. Disable the channels you don't need, either via loading from the Source Viewer or modifying the clips and disabling 3-8.

• Tue, Nov 4 2014 7:12 PM In reply to

• ugo1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Italy
    • Posts 266
    • Points 3,700

IanCook:

Prepare can transcode to DNx.

And why i must spend 300$  (when I already spent 1000 $ in media composer)when with the same money I can buy a cross grade license of Edius with all kind (and xavc-s) of native codec support?

anyway I'm tired, angry and depressed about deafness by Sony and Avid about this issue , so bye bye

Ugo

• Wed, Nov 5 2014 12:34 AM In reply to

• jcmcnamee
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Brooklyn, NY
    • Posts 222
    • Points 2,390

Ian, thank you for the replies here. I look forward to future XAVC-S updates.

Media Composer 2018.5 / OS 10.14.1 27" iMac [3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB] [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 3 (34 items) 1 2 3 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller