Latest post Wed, Feb 3 2016 11:53 PM by diegovillalba. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 26 2014 5:56 PM

• Stieber
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 9 2013
    • Posts 11
    • Points 150

ISIS 5000 4.7.2 Storage Manager Server Performance Degraded

I have just upgraded an ISIS 5000 to 4.7.2.  This is a single crate.  I have it up and running with a direct connection to a single client for testing.  For some reason in the Storage Manager has the statue "Server Performance Degraded".  When I log into it all seems well but the Operational Status states "Normal Operation, Not Enough Cache".  Considering the Management Console shows the manager in a yellow state I assume this is not normal operation.  Path diag works fine and am getting average to 102 MB/s.  This is a stock 5000 crate.  Nothing has been altered physically.  Is this a known "BUG" with this particular Isis version?

• Fri, Sep 26 2014 6:41 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,251
    • Points 27,805
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid ISIS
      Moderator: Avid NEXIS PRO
      Moderator: Avid Storage Products

Re: ISIS 5000 4.7.2 Storage Manager Server Performance Degraded

The System Director and Storage Manager only access the memory needed. There can be an issue with Windows where the memory is freed, as it is when the Storage Manager is stopped, where it cannot be reallocated.

This error means that the Storage Manager could not allocate all the memory it needs.

You should simply reboot the ISIS to clear this up.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Post-Production Workflow Manager - NFL Films

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Fri, Sep 26 2014 6:46 PM In reply to

I assume you have rebooted your server completely since the error?

Can you open both System Director and Storage Manager Memory Log Viewer?

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 26 2014 10:01 PM In reply to

• Stieber
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 9 2013
    • Posts 11
    • Points 150

The isis is fully functional.  I am not currently infront of the Isis but after viewing the profilier it seems my Isis chassis has less memory than is requested for this version of Isis.  This is an old chassis, a 5000 with 1TB drives.  Were these chassis shipped with less memory than current models?

• Sat, Sep 27 2014 1:08 AM In reply to

How much RAM is Windows detecting? It should be 12GB.

Reseat all the sticks if it is not detecting it all. If it still does not fix the problem, try replacing a pair.

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 9 2014 2:18 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,251
    • Points 27,805
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid ISIS
      Moderator: Avid NEXIS PRO
      Moderator: Avid Storage Products

Stieber:

I have just upgraded an ISIS 5000 to 4.7.2.  This is a single crate.  I have it up and running with a direct connection to a single client for testing.  For some reason in the Storage Manager has the statue "Server Performance Degraded".  When I log into it all seems well but the Operational Status states "Normal Operation, Not Enough Cache".  Considering the Management Console shows the manager in a yellow state I assume this is not normal operation.  Path diag works fine and am getting average to 102 MB/s.  This is a stock 5000 crate.  Nothing has been altered physically.  Is this a known "BUG" with this particular Isis version?

Are you still having this issue?

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Post-Production Workflow Manager - NFL Films

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Wed, Feb 3 2016 11:53 PM In reply to

Hi guys, just to let you know that this happened to me today on an ISIS 4.7.6, and after I reboot the system again the error disapered.

This is a new system in one of its first rebooting process.

Regards.

Diego 

* Avid Media Composer 2018.2 * Interplay | Production 3.8.1 * Media Central 2.10

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller