Latest post Sat, Sep 6 2014 5:31 AM by Job ter Burg. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 5 2014 4:25 AM

• jonsmiff
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 5 2014
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

How to prevent Title from opening in Source after edit

I am currently having to go through a 2 hour show and replace all of the lower third graphics with revised versions. Every time I do this I have to edit the Title. Each time I edit a title, it removes the GFX sequence from the Source monitor and opens the title I just edited.

Is there any way to deactivate this? Can I edit a title without it opening in the Source monitor afterwards? It's just bothersome to have to drag the GFX sequence over and reselect the desired tracks every time, given the amount of lower thirds in the show.

• Fri, Sep 5 2014 8:40 AM In reply to

Re: How to prevent Title from opening in Source after edit

Have you looked at the drop down menu top left of your source monitor? You will find all the clips (well at least the last 10 to 15) you loaded into the Source in that drop down list. Click on the GFX sequence name in the drop down list and the sequence will appear as the active source in the Source monitor.

• Sat, Sep 6 2014 12:59 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,387
    • Points 97,025

What's your workflow?  I thought that if you edited a title in the effect tool it didn't do that, but I'm not anywhere near my Avid at the moment to be able to check.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Sep 6 2014 3:02 AM In reply to

• jonsmiff
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

1. Mark Clip

2. Open Effect Editor

3. Click "Edit Title"

4. Edit the Title

5. Close and Save Title Tool window.

That's all I do, and the new title opens in Source. I guess workflow wise I could just overcut everything and then go back and edit all the titles rather than doing them one by one as I drop the new sequence in...

But still, if I edit a title from a sequence, there's no reason it needs to open in Source if it already updates the clip in the sequence. I would love to know if there's a way to turn it off.

• Sat, Sep 6 2014 3:06 AM In reply to

• jonsmiff
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Thanks for the reply but I am trying to prevent having to switch back to the sequence EVERY time. In terms of steps required, going through the dropdown is the same as dragging the sequnce over from the bin.

But that is good to know for the future. Thanks!

• Sat, Sep 6 2014 5:16 AM In reply to

Do you have Avid FX (Boris Red 5.5)? It came with MC before MC 8

FWIW it offers a quick workflow for (animated) lower thirds.
    Create lower third setup including one or more text layers.
    Save this lower third effect to a bin.
    Drop the lower third effect on any clip you want.
    Open effects editor and type in new, or correct the text layer
    Click Apply.

• Sat, Sep 6 2014 5:31 AM In reply to

What if you option-open the GFx seq in a pop-up-monitor.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller