Latest post Sun, Aug 24 2014 7:22 PM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Aug 24 2014 7:17 PM

• brushyland
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 24 2014
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Help with Pinnacle Studio HD version 15 ?

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question, but I own Pinnacle StudioHD version 15.0.0.7593

I'm creating a 16:9 interlaced hd slideshow video of photos set to music.  It is 1440x1080, 29.97 frame/sec.

I use a dissolve transition between photos, and I often pan & zoom on them.  I also usually put the same photo in the timeline again for one second (using the "Match previous clip" feature to make it look like it is pausing after a zoom).

When playing back the video there is nearly always one or two photos (out of 40) that have a quick one-time flicker in them during the pan & zoom - or maybe it's a problem when going to the 1-second copy of the picture.   This flicker is noticeable on the finished DVD - and it's usually noticeable when playing back inside Pinnacle.  It's not on every photo, and luckily it only happens one time during the pan & zoom (if I rewind the video, it will occur at the same spot).   Sometimes I can get rid of this flicker by slightly changing the amount of time that I show that particular picture - but then that often causes the one-time flicker to occur on another photo several minutes further into the video.  Very strange.  So it's very hard to get rid of them all.

I have deleted auxillary files, and "enable hardware acceleration" is checked, and so is "enable background rendering".

Any idea why this is happening - or how I can ensure it doesn't happen?

Thanks!
    Brad

• Sun, Aug 24 2014 7:22 PM In reply to

Re: Help with Pinnacle Studio HD version 15 ?

Hi Brad,

Avid sold Pinnacle, and their forum is here now:

http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/70/ShowForum.aspx

Media Composer 2018.12.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller