Latest post Mon, May 4 2015 4:26 PM by RodneyinMunich. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Aug 23 2014 5:02 AM

3 monitor setup

Hi

I recently purchased the mac pro and am in the process of setting up home edit suite.  I have 2 monitors setup through thunderbolt/dvi and one setup through hdmi.  How do I get what's showing in the composer viewer onto the 3rd screening monitor?  I do not have a breakout box, nor do I plan on getting one unless completely necessary.

Thanks!

Stephanie

Mac OSX 10.9.5 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 AVID MC 8.6.4 Premiere Pro CC 2015.0.2 DaVinci Resolve 11 Lite 11.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 20 2015 10:25 PM In reply to

• jsamet
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Re: 3 monitor setup

Hi Stephanie,

Did you ever work this out? I'd love to know the solution.

Thanks,

Jeff

• Mon, May 4 2015 4:26 PM In reply to

Re: 3 monitor setup

Hi,

Although I haven't tried it with a new MacPro I used this method a few years ago with a 2009 MacPro which had two graphic cards and three computer monitors.

Set up your screens using system preferences/monitors, ensuring that they match the physical setup on your (real) desk. Then in Media Composer go to Settings/Full Screen Playback and position the full screen playback settings window on the monitor you want to be your playback monitor. There's a good runthrough at

https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/comm/AVID+-+Full+Screen+Playback+on+a+Secondary+Monitor

Once that's done, you'll need to select full screen playback ("Command" "Shift" "F") each time you start the software.

Cheers

Rodney

Edit 1: MC 8.10 + Symphony + PhraseFind • MacPro 6x3.5GHz/64GB OS10.10.5 • Artist Mix & Color • Aja Io 4K • Edit 2: MC 8.10 • MacPro 2x2.66GHz/48GB... [view my complete system specs]

Rodney Sewell BFS

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller