Latest post Fri, Aug 15 2014 5:52 AM by SecondSight. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 15 2014 5:07 AM

• SecondSight
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 15 2014
    • Reunion Island
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

PRO TOOLS 11.2.0 -- Sound disappears...

Hello ! :)

I'm having problems with Pro Tools (I've just bought version 11).

When I want to listen to my tracks, after some time (seconds or minutes), there is a little "scratch" sound and then there is no more sound at all coming from Pro Tools.

If I close the session and open another one, either there is no sound at all, either the sound quality is very bad (with mainly scratchy sounds).

Each time I need to have the sound back, I have to open the Setup menu, click on Playback engine and change the value. 128 is the value wih allows me to listen to the track long enougth... 2 or 3 minutes, not more, then the problem is back again, and so on...

I've removed the Fast Trac Duo driver and re-installed it, but this doesn't help.

I'm using Windows 7 with 8 Gb of RAM. The system is on a SSD disk and the audio files are on a SSHD disk (7200 rpm). When listening to music in Pro Tools or when working in Pro Tools, the CPU usage is very low and it uses 18% of RAM only.

Do you have an idea or a solution ?

Thank you for our help ! :)

Windows 7 (ssd + sshd - 8 Gb RAM - Intel Core i5) Fast Track Duo pro Tools 11 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 15 2014 5:26 AM In reply to

• SecondSight
    • Not Ranked
    • Reunion Island
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

Re: PRO TOOLS 11.2.0 -- Sound disappears...

I forgot to say my computer's processor is a Core i5.

I'm using Pro Tools as an administrator (otherwise, I have many I/O error messages saying that somes buses have been deactivated).

I've also noticed that when the music disappears, if I let it go on anyway (it is still playing but there is no sound), after 30 seconds or 1 minute, the sound comes back (a little scratchy).

Thank you for our help ! :)

Windows 7 (ssd + sshd - 8 Gb RAM - Intel Core i5) Fast Track Duo pro Tools 11 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 15 2014 5:27 AM In reply to

Hi, You have posted in the Avid Pro Video Forums. For Protools related questions you need to join and Post in the Avid Pro Audio forums found here

FWIW Protools 11.2.1 was released today.

• Fri, Aug 15 2014 5:52 AM In reply to

• SecondSight
    • Not Ranked
    • Reunion Island
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

Thank you. :)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller