Latest post Tue, Aug 12 2014 2:02 AM by Sylvain P. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 11 2014 7:39 PM

New User Switching From Adobe Premiere Pro CC

i have been using premiere pro for quite few years now but i wanted to switch to media composer due to job requirements. i have installed media composer 6.5 at my workplace but i have been experiencing a couple of issues please kindly can some one help me and reply me ASAP would be apprieciated.

The system configs on which the mc 6.5 has been installed are :

intel core i3-3320 cpu @ 3.30 ghz

4gb ram

64 bit system

built-in graphics

1 tb hard drive

windows 7 ultimate sp1

on this same machine i also have adobe premiere pro cc now the problems that i am facing are :

when i run mc 6.5 i get the following balloon popped up message -> a running program isn't compatible with certain visual elements of windows. <-  system hangs too much while working on mc 6.5 it takes too much time to load video clips i tried a test and imported 331 clips (AVCHD CLIPS 1 hour 21 minute in length) i took 4 minutes to load in premiere pro cc while mc 6.5 took half an hour to just import them in the bin when i moved them on the sequence it hanged and i had to restart my pc in the second try it took 35 minutes to load the clips in the sequence..

i tried to import it directly and also tried the linking it to ama plugin but the results were same, while importing directly there were a couple of video resolutions option to choose from i didnt know which too choose so i didnt change it.

and how can i export to mpeg2 format directly from mc 6.5 in adobe pro cc there are presets available with different quality, frame rate and codec settings, in mc 6.5 which ever preset i chose to export a single clip (as i am unable to work on multiple clips) then end results were in quicktime .mov format.

how do i render clips in mc 6.5 in premiere pro i can choose to render effects or the entire footage from the menu drop down option or by using keyboard shortcut.and is it necessary to manually render before final output or it will render automatically ?

i mostly work on avchd clips and some times on dv footage so when i import it, does it first get converted into native media format thats why it takes time to load ?

i am looking forward for answers as soon as possible because i quickly need to make the switch please kindly answer my queries ASAP, will be glad .

thank you

• Tue, Aug 12 2014 12:03 AM In reply to

• TVJohn
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Bayonne NJ
    • Posts 4,327
    • Points 53,490

Re: New User Switching From Adobe Premiere Pro CC

Respectfully,

The fact that MC runs at all on the PC you list is good fortune. AVCHD is a difficult format to edit, your experience on such an underpowered machine would be fustrating.

Dell Display U2713HM(2560x1440), AMD FX8350 8core, AMD 990FX mobo, 32gig-DDR3-1600, Quadro K620/GTX260/core 216, Audigy2zs, 1TB SSD system drive, 2TB SATA... [view my complete system specs]

Using MC 8.4. Avid FX6.4, Vegas Pro 15/ DVD Architect 6pro, DVDit6.4proHD, CCE Basic, TmpGe Express4, TmpGe Authoring Works 4, DVDLab-Studio. Sony EX-1R, Canon XH-A1, GL2, GL1, Canon EOS 60D

• Tue, Aug 12 2014 1:07 AM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,432
    • Points 41,375

Ageed.  AVCHD is very CPU intensive.  I would not attempt to AMA / edit directly.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.10.0 but playing w 2018.11| OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Tue, Aug 12 2014 2:02 AM In reply to

• Sylvain P
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    • Posts 1,484
    • Points 17,545

When you import your AVCHD, you can choose DNxHD. DNx145 is a good choice for most of the cases.

To export to MPEG2, a simple solution is to duplicate your sequence, make a video mixdown of your sequence and put it on the V1 track, then delete everything in the other video tracks. After that you can export your sequence using QuickTime Reference. It will make a reference of the source footage in your timeline (so it will make a small file).

After that, open the QuickTime Reference in Adobe Media Encoder and use the Mpeg2 preset of your choice.

To render your timeline, just mark your sequence using Mark In/Out, enable the tracks that you need (or all the tracks), then, right-click and choose Render In/Out.

Media Composer 2018.5 (Symphony Option), ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel i7 2600k, 16G DDR3-1600, PNY NVIDIA Quadro 2000 (353.82), Windows 10 Pro. Boris Red 5... [view my complete system specs]

Sylvain Primeau

Self-employed worker - Les productions Primeau Medias

primeaumedias.com

Radio-Canada/CBC news editor

cbc.ca / ici.radio-canada.ca

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller