Latest post Sat, Jun 21 2014 2:17 AM by jwrl. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jun 21 2014 12:45 AM

• Robopanda
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jun 21 2014
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Preserving clip's in and out when using Timewarp?

Hi,

I'm a new AVID user, used to work with Premiere Pro and Final Cut. I'm really hoping someone can help me clear something up concerning AVID's behaviour while modifying a clip's speed.

I'm trying to find a way to preserve the in and out of a clip I already placed in the timeline, while tweeking it's speed. In Premiere, the clip's duration would automatically adapt to the defined speed, preserving the specific cut that works in my edit.

AVID on the other hand, keeps the initial clip's duration, ignoring the previous in and out making the edit irrelevant... Is there maybe an option, preference or an effective workaround that could work?

Thanks!

Filed under: , , ,
  • Sat, Jun 21 2014 2:17 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,387
    • Points 97,025

Re: Preserving clip's in and out when using Timewarp?

You can varispeed a clip prior to incorporating it into your cut.  Once you've done that subsequently, should you wish to do so, you can promote the varispeed clip to a timewarp effect once you have it in your timeline.

Alternatively, if you wish to adjust duration after applying a timewarp, use trim mode.  You will then be able to select which of your other tracks will be simultaneously trimmed and from what individual edit point(s).  This way you, rather than the NLE, have full control over what is done to your cut.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller