Latest post Fri, Jun 8 2018 11:17 AM by Roger Shufflebottom. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 12 2014 4:35 PM

Renamed Matte Key clips not updating in Sequence

I just encountered one of those things that made me say "has it always done that? or is it a bug?"

I had a graphic with Alpha from After Effects in my SEQ (we'll call it GFX_v02) I got a new version from the person who made it (GFX_v03), so I went to the Bin where GFX_v02 lives and chose to Batch Import. I pointed to GFX_v03 and it updated visually in the SEQ. So far, so good.

But, I decided to rename the GFX_v02 clip in the Bin to reflect that it was now the new GFX_v03 (organizational thing). The change was made in the Bin, but the clip in the SEQ still says GFX_v02. Loading the clip into the Source it is named Matte Key: GFX_v03 but, when I cut it into the Seq to replace the clip, the name stays as GFX_v02. 

Other clips that I rename in the Bin (non Matte Key) reflect the name change in the Bin and Seq, so it seems that it is an issue with Matte Keys.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

This is on v6.5.4.2

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Thu, Jun 12 2014 8:04 PM In reply to

Re: Renamed Matte Key clips not updating in Sequence

Yes, I have seen this as well.  I think it works that way for titles you change the name on as well.

I think it's been reported but will double-check.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Fri, Jun 13 2014 10:01 PM In reply to

• mark.burton
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London, UK
    • Posts 902
    • Points 10,990

Switch the Bin Display to show reference clips and rename the matte key reference files and then it will show up in your sequence. Same for Titles.

• Thu, Jun 7 2018 10:20 PM In reply to

This is incorrect.

You need to change the bin display to show the precomputes for the titles and mattes, then rename both clips to the same name and reset bin display to not show precomputes.

...reference clips have nothing to do with this.

• Fri, Jun 8 2018 5:47 AM In reply to

• mark.burton
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London, UK
    • Posts 902
    • Points 10,990

This was clearly a typo.

• Fri, Jun 8 2018 11:17 AM In reply to

Yes, it has always done that. I learned that trick 20 years ago!

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.11.6 with Symphony 8.10., BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.12.5 with MC 8.10 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller