Latest post Mon, Sep 15 2014 11:12 PM by Stephen Roseman. 25 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jul 6 2014 5:04 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,136
    • Points 22,910

Re: Problem with install of MC 8 upgrade

Sorry you are having issues  for the record I was one that tested it and it downloaded well and installed well and activated perfectly  and I still using it  but one thing I am on a qualified system... and for the record M none of those emails were from me Big Smile

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Mon, Jul 14 2014 9:36 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,011
    • Points 215,650
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Stephen...

hows it working out? havent heard from you since last week and that makes me nervous :)

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Jul 15 2014 7:38 PM In reply to

Marianna:

hows it working out? havent heard from you since last week and that makes me nervous :)

Marianna 

how nervous!!!! LMAO

hi everyone and Marianna, I think i sent you a email about my stadus over the weekend Marianna, but just for the record MC 8 is working great, But with one question, you got me off the student licence, so does that mean i have to start the subscreption at the end of the year, or do i still have to the end of 2015 based on the licence i payed for. Also will I be getting a full install file with all my ducks in a row, that means if i had to do another compleat reinstall i do not have a files to work with, Since we ;you put this puzzle together............ let me know what to do ???

(the new blue titler pro works but it is one of the programs that i would have a problem with, If i installed though the application manager)

(video)Gigabyte Ga-Z87X-UD5H 4TH GENERATION I7 4770K INTEL 4600 ON BOARD GRAPHICS NVIDEIA Asus GeForce GTX 780ti (GPU 3gb ddr5 Memory)On board sound blaster... [view my complete system specs]

"When Everybody goes Right I Go Left" I Move "Just" a little Different

• Tue, Jul 15 2014 8:45 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,011
    • Points 215,650
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Not nervous - just didnt want you going into a tail spin if somethign wasnt working.  I didnt get an email from you this past weekend.  since I got all th rest of them - I know my inbox accepts your email.

can you resend.

M and M

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Jul 15 2014 10:29 PM In reply to

• Matt Wielgos
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 6 2012
    • Cincinnati, Ohio
    • Posts 36
    • Points 510

Marianna,

If I can chime in here.  We've had some problems on our upgrades to MC8.  Install was unsuccessful at first.  Hours on the phone with tech support (from India?) netted an uninstall and reinstall with no success.  My own digging found the encoding engines were not properly uninstalled even after what the tech thought was a thourough uninstall (kept running into errors related to the MC encoding engine being in exclusive use by another program and so MC install could not continue.)  I deleted the directories and install proceeded.

I still get the issue I had with MC7 in MC8 where every time I boot my machine MC install comes up saying it's completing it's install.  If I don't cancel, the program installs digitrace.dll in the DSM directory and Avid then crashes on program boot.  If digitrace.dll is deleted from the DSM directory, Avid boots fine.  So I delete it. Problem is, if I shut down and reboot the system, Avid install goes into the above routine and reinstalls digitrace.dll.  So I cancel before it completes the install and Avid boots, but it's a heck of an anoyance.

Licensing of 3rd party products is very clunky and has netted in me not getting Sorenson or Newblue installed yet. When I put my license in (which is temporary as the tech guys say they can't provide me with a permanent license yet since we're under the Academic version, but permanant, they can't yet figure out how to get my machines on with a valid permanant license), I'm given the message that the license does not support the install of Sorenson or Newblue.

Lot's and lot's of little glitches and problems for sure.

Matt

System 1: Avid Media Composer 8.0.1, Windows 7 64 bit Pro, SP1, Intel Core i7-2720QM CPU @2.20 Ghz. 16 GB ram. NVidia NVS 4200M w/drv. 9.18.13.2078. Dell... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 16 2014 3:23 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,011
    • Points 215,650
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hi ya Matt

I am going to send this along to Vicy who manages the support arm for Avid.  If she doesnt know this kind of thing happens then she cant resolve.....   

Regarding your issue technically, can you send me the ontent of this post along with your system ID and activation ID so I can see what the heck is up.....    email me that.

standing by

Marianna 

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Wed, Jul 16 2014 8:00 PM In reply to

Marianna:
    Not nervous - just didnt want you going into a tail spin if somethign wasnt workin

JUST FOR THE RECORD thank you!! Very much for all that you've done to get me on the right path, I've got to keep my thoughts open to the fact that you guy's are the pro's at this (editing ) So I should be happy that you guy's even no my email address............ Now as far as the email what Matt posted is exactly what my problem was,(*) No need to resend, and what i said in my earlyer post is my bigest concern. That being if i had to do a reinstall I would have just circunvented everything you just fixxed, and that time is comeing soon because i'm going to update my system with a new motherboard (I still like my gigabyte mb with the new thunderbolt tech.) and solid state hd  (any sugestions)

*   Need a new MC8 install file, the one that's up is not a good one, we are not able to use the app manager with working serial # code's that do not come with the update. I hope this is clear, I'm doing my best to be understood.

(video)Gigabyte Ga-Z87X-UD5H 4TH GENERATION I7 4770K INTEL 4600 ON BOARD GRAPHICS NVIDEIA Asus GeForce GTX 780ti (GPU 3gb ddr5 Memory)On board sound blaster... [view my complete system specs]

• Thu, Aug 7 2014 12:39 AM In reply to

hello  long time end bettwen had to stop typeing and edit, so i've stayed in this post because some of this is still relevant. Ok the question is while updateing to MC 8.1, I noticed that all of may prograns are still not activated in the app manager but i'm still able to use it. now u stay why are you complaneing, and i say with my luck this is going to come back and bite me at the absolute worse time posable, what sent my antena up, Is when I was trying to load squeeze 9 lite (comes with the licence) the i guess you call it the loading circle well it still spining and I don't think this one is working. I've complete a few jobs and am trying to get them exported for post production (look at me sounding like I know what I'm doing) for you pro's I'm trying to export to 1080p /29.9fps,is there a better way my choices are squeeze 9.03 and 9.4 lite if i chose to say with end MC i could I could squeeze one out and then use tempeg or wondershare a nice little prog. to encode the file to....whatever but i just happen to like sonic dvd soooo any thoughts guys and gals

I think the app mgr issue is for marianna, the spin is starting ???

• Fri, Aug 8 2014 2:58 PM In reply to

• Neil Sadwelkar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 13 2006
    • Mumbai, India
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95

Are you assuming that the Tech support is in India or do you know it for a fact. I'm asking because I'm not sure myself. I'm from India. And when we need tech support for our Avid hardware/software, we call someone here. We usually call the Avid reseller here as Avid has little or no tech support in India directly. If they (reseller) cannot fix it, the problem is 'escalated' to someone in the US and it takes us sometimes weeks before a solution is found. 

So it would be rather strange that when someone in the US calls tech support, someone from India provides it, while right here in India we need to call Tewksbury for many major issues. 

Neil from Mumbai
  • Fri, Aug 8 2014 3:27 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,011
    • Points 215,650
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Stephen,

you should probably connect with sorenson on the Lite issue and the spinning......    

Regarding the AppMan - you should either enter a case in the support poprtal

Please have your system ID or ASC code ready when you call. For customers under an Avid Advantage support contract, you can reach Avid support via the Avid Support Portal. If you have an ASC and would like to submit your case online, use your ASC.

or..... call

Video - Annual Contract Support (Toll Free / Local)

AmericasEuropeAsia
    Support 1-800-800-2843 / +1 978-275-2476
    Sales 1-800-949-2843 / +1 978-275-2480
    United Kingdom 44 1753 650 660
    Germany 49 180 132 4009
    France 33 141 494 040
    Spain 34 917 628 625
    Finland 35 892 290 1690
    Sweden 46 844 255 90
    Norway 47 81522843
    Netherlands 31 357 723 561
    Denmark 45 39 55 99 98
    Belgium  32 2709 2121
    Middle East 971 8002843
    If Country is not listed, dial  44 1753 650 660
    Singapore 65 3158 2539
    China 852 3071 3498
    Hong Kong 852 30775 552
    South Korea 822 3483 3226
    Australia 612 8228 1456

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Mon, Sep 15 2014 11:12 PM In reply to

Marianna:

you should probably connect with sorenson on the Lite issue and the spinning......    

Regarding the AppMan

well it's 09-14-2014, i started this on 05-27-2014 and finally fixed thats 4 months. Wow but a simple problem complacated repair. Thanx to everybody who hepled me in this onto bigger stuff I have learned a lot since then and still learning more

later

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller