Latest post Wed, May 21 2014 2:15 PM by Kevin Klimek. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 21 2014 1:13 PM

• flashcutter
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 21 2006
    • New York
    • Posts 239
    • Points 2,860

Forcing Media Composer to find new locations

I'm in a situation where I'm working on a project from home that was formerly on Unity and the clips still are pointing to partitions on Unity that no longer exist. Relinking doesn't seem to work. Is there a way to force media composer to "forget" these Unity partitions and look for the media files elsewhere?  Thanks.

MAC PRO OS 10.7.5 Dual 2.28 GHZ DUAL-CORE XEON, 16GB 800 MHZ DDR2-FB-DIMM, MC 7 with Symphony Option, BCC9, Sapphire 7, Magic Bullet, NewBlue Filters... [view my complete system specs]

Jonathan Moser www.flashcutproductions.com "Nothing's impossible...if you're not the one who has to do it..."

• Wed, May 21 2014 1:16 PM In reply to

Re: Forcing Media Composer to find new locations

Have you tried deleting the databases on your local media drives?  Rescanning the drives should rebuild the databases and then all the media should be visible in its correct location.

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, May 21 2014 1:24 PM In reply to

• flashcutter
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 21 2006
    • New York
    • Posts 239
    • Points 2,860

Yeah...that's one of the first things I tried. Thanks.

MAC PRO OS 10.7.5 Dual 2.28 GHZ DUAL-CORE XEON, 16GB 800 MHZ DDR2-FB-DIMM, MC 7 with Symphony Option, BCC9, Sapphire 7, Magic Bullet, NewBlue Filters... [view my complete system specs]

Jonathan Moser www.flashcutproductions.com "Nothing's impossible...if you're not the one who has to do it..."

• Wed, May 21 2014 2:15 PM In reply to

Do the media databases rebuild at all?

Are you sure that file path on your media drive is correct?  To make sure, create a new piece of media to that drive and make sure a new directory isn't built.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller