Latest post Mon, Feb 16 2015 10:15 PM by Tracy Granger ACE. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 19 2014 11:04 PM

Playback Fails after 8.0 Install

Hi,

I just upgraded to 8.0 on one of our MC systems. This system is running on a New Mac Pro, Mavericks 10.9.2 with a BlackMagic UltraStudio 4K for IO.

System was working fine on 7.0.3.

Now when I attempt to play a sequence or a clip in the source monitor, the system hangs and I get errors.

Assertion failed: 0<slot && slot <mNumSamps

or

Exception: StreamingPlayConsumer :: ExecutePass TIMEOUT

and

VDM3BobVideoOut::PreSync(): Error in BOB device StartIO()

I have trashed MCState and site settings. Uninstalled and reinstalled MC 8. Tried new user settings, Tried different projects, rebuilt media databases. I got nothing. Any ideas?

Thank you for you help

Avid MC 8 12 Core 2014 Mac Pro Black Magic UltraStudio 4k Black Magic Smart Duo Scopes DaVinci Resolve Tangent Element Control Surfaces Pegasus2... [view my complete system specs]

W. Ross Wells
    Director/Editor/Compositing Artist
    Zenfilm
    711 William Street
    Suite 102
    Houston, TX 77002
    (888) 805-5211 

• Thu, May 22 2014 9:13 PM In reply to

Re: Playback Fails after 8.0 Install

Have you read this thread regarding issues with MC v7.0.4/MC v8.0 and BM products?

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Mon, Feb 16 2015 10:15 PM In reply to

Re: Playback Fails after 8.0 Install

I found a solution for my error but Im using a Matrox Box.

Remove the file "OpenIO_VirtIO.acf" 
    Go to Applications \ Avid Media Composer \ and then right click on the app AvidMediaComposer and select "Show Package Contents." 
    Then go into SharedSupport \ AVX2_Plug-ins \ and remove the file OpenIO_VirtIO.acf 

AVID started putting this file in  7.0.4.2  and it's bundled inside Media Composer from then on. V8 too.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/Hangs-entering-trim-mode-with-3rd-party-Open-IO-hardware

Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite Avid MC Vers v8.6.5 with MX02 4.6.0 (Firmware 15) Mac Pro 2.66GHz 12 Core 12GB / 1TB Solid State Drive w/ 48 GB of added ram... [view my complete system specs]

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.." Alice in Wonderland. feelm

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller