Latest post Sun, May 11 2014 10:55 PM by usatraveler. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, May 11 2014 2:49 PM

• EmilyHG
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, May 11 2014
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

Need help exporting/compressing/uploading

Hi There. 

I am working remotely with a videographer doing the editing. I've been working through a website called Videopixie and am on the final cut of the project. I did a video and audio mixdown and then exported (quicktime movie, same as source, Video and Audio, RGB, 16x9) and upon finishing the exporting process the video does not play. It plays audio but not video, not sure why? At one point I had made the mistake of not setting the video quality on the timeline to the highest quality, and so I thought that was the issue but after another export apparently not, it still plays only audio. But before that second try, I put the video into sorenson squeeze and tried compressing it to dvd quality and it came out with video but very grainy. 

What do I do with the high quality export in order to upload it to the videopixie website and give my client what he wants"e
    xport the Full HD file. I do need the highest Quality." Do I compress in sorenson squeeze and if so to what setting? Note: there's no limit to how much videopixie can upload.  

I'm a newbie when it comes to the technical side of the editing spectrum.  

• Sun, May 11 2014 10:55 PM In reply to

Re: Need help exporting/compressing/uploading

What's the format of your mixdown?  Some codecs wil not play in some programs.

As for exporting, hard to say exactly what he means by "the highest quality" (don't we all need that!).  That's largely dependent on where the file needs to go.  Uncompressed video (which VERY few people ever actually need, EVER), is over 500 GB per hour.  The better question is what they want to DO with the video.  That'll help you optimize the video for final output.

Do they need DNxHD / ProRes for some reason?  Do they need a YouTube-quality 1080p MP4/H.264 upload?  Do they need DVD (in which case they don't need HD, because DVD video isn't HD, by definition)?

In short, let them tell you what the deliverable is, and what they need to do with it - and you can optimize the file accordingly.  YouTube's help pages have an "Advanced Encoding" page - use those specs to help you create a Squeeze preset that'll work best (the existing YouTube presets in Squeeze vary somewhat from YouTube's recommendations).

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.4 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller