Latest post Mon, Feb 10 2014 8:42 PM by Randall L. Rike. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 10 2014 1:28 PM

• mtahir
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • UK
    • Posts 480
    • Points 5,865

Relinking missing audio captured from DVD

I captured some video from a DVD, cut it in the timeline, and then managed to delete the MXF file for the audio! I captured a single master clip from which I extracted all the sub-clips, so it's a question of restoring the audio for the master clip. Coming from DVD, there was no time code. I can re-capture just the audio but I how do I get it to relink and line-up? I did give it a tape name and MC shows the start time and duration for the master clip.

I'm guessing the tape name will help with the relinking. Could I use Modify to set a start/end time code for the master clip (currently at 0 for both) and then do the same for the re-captured audio? But that wouldn't help in getting the audio sync'd up - how would I do that, assuming this is the way to do it?

Thanks

MC2018.1 (Win7) | Dell T7500 with 2 x 6-Core Intel Xeon X5690 3.46GHz CPUs | Triple-Channel 64GB (32GB per CPU) 1333MHz DDR3 EEC FBDIMM | 3GB nVidia Quadro... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: ,
  • Mon, Feb 10 2014 3:27 PM In reply to

Re: Relinking missing audio captured from DVD

I'd capture the video and audio again (the video could be low res)

Then work out the timecode difference between you new capture and you old capture.

You will then need to unlink the new capture master clip. Modify the start timecode to accomadate the timecode difference and then relink. The new captured clip should then match the old clip in terms of timecode to picture.

If the tape name matches you should then be able to relink the sequence and have it connec to the new media.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Mon, Feb 10 2014 7:17 PM In reply to

• mtahir
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • UK
    • Posts 480
    • Points 5,865

Thanks, Pat. I shall give that a try.

MC2018.1 (Win7) | Dell T7500 with 2 x 6-Core Intel Xeon X5690 3.46GHz CPUs | Triple-Channel 64GB (32GB per CPU) 1333MHz DDR3 EEC FBDIMM | 3GB nVidia Quadro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 10 2014 7:57 PM In reply to

Just to clarify, did you capture the DVD directly into MC, or did you rip it to an intermediate file, and then imort that?  If the latter, you can import it again, and have the same MXF's.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Mon, Feb 10 2014 8:37 PM In reply to

• mtahir
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • UK
    • Posts 480
    • Points 5,865

It was directly into MC using the Analog Mojo, Randall. The output is from a Blu-ray player (SD DVD) through the component output of the player. It was quite a few months ago that I did the capture and from what I can tell, I set the capture duration, started the capture and hit play on the DVD player. I just let it capture until it hit the limit I set.

• Mon, Feb 10 2014 8:42 PM In reply to

OK ... we've been bitten by that as well.  Now, when possible, we rip the DVD so we have a source "file" as a backup.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller